These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

MS LIGHTING MH LED Wash Moving Head

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
ardchoille13
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

MS LIGHTING MH LED Wash Moving Head

Post by ardchoille13 »

Hello All!! I am in dire need of someone to assist me in getting this fixture profile nailed down. I have made a couple attempts but never can seem to get it quite right. The manual is in mostly Chinese (by product of me being broke at the time of purchase, lol) but below is the actual DMX Channel table (verbatim, so please disregard spelling and grammar).

CH1 - 0-255 = X Scanning
CH2 - 0-255 = Y Scanning
CH3 -
  • 0-1 = Close
  • 2-100 = Strobe slow-fast
  • 101-199 = Random Strobe slow-fast
  • 208-217 = Reset (after 3sec.)
  • 218-255 = Open
CH4 - 0-255 = Dimmer Dark to Light
CH5 -
  • 0-2 = RED
  • 3-4 = Red & White
  • 5-7 = Red & Green
  • 8-9 = Red & Green & White
  • 10-12 - Green
  • 13-14 - Green & White
  • 15-17 - Green & Blue
  • 18-19 - Green & Blue & White
  • 20-22 - Blue
  • 23-24 - Blue & White
  • 25-27 - Red & Blue
  • 28-29 - Red & Blue & White
  • 30-39 - White
  • 40-49 - Red & Green & Blue & White
  • 50-83 - R Open, G Gradual, B Close
  • 84-117 - R Gradual, G Open, B Close
  • 118-151 - G Open, R Close, B Gradual
  • 152-185 - R Close, G Gradual, B Open
  • 186-218 - B Open, R Gradual, G Close
  • 219-252 - R Open, B Gradual, G Close
  • 253-255 - RGBW Dimmer
CH6 - 0-255 = R, Dimmer Dark to Light
CH7 - 0-255 = G, Dimmer Dark to Light
CH8 - 0-255 = B, Dimmer Dark to Light
CH9 - 0-255 W, Dimmer Dark to Light
CH10 -
  • 0-5 = RGBW, Color is decide by CH5
  • 6-127 = RGBW Graduated, Speed adjustment from slow to fast
  • 128-255 = R,RG,G,GB,B,RB,RGB,RGBW RAINBOW Effect, Speed adjustment from slow to fast
CH11 - 0-255 = X Fine
CH12 - 0-255 = Y Fine
CH13 - 0-251 = X/Y speed adjustment, Fast - Slow
CH14 - X,Y Vector

I can get the general movements down in the Fixture Creator but all that BS on Channels 5 and 10 is a little confusing. Also, I have no idea what "Vector" means on channel 14, so any help on that would be appreciated. I would be happy to actually scan the manual and post it but, honestly I don't think there is anything else of value in there for the purposes of programming the fixture profile.

You guys are my last hope.....we are opening a new nightclub here in town and we are stuck with about 12 of these that I would love to use.

Thanks for any help you can give!!!

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: MS LIGHTING MH LED Wash Moving Head

Post by Jan_K »

Hej ardchoille13

Please export you best attempt and upload it here then it is easier to discuss what works and what can be changed.

/Jan
ardchoille13

Post by ardchoille13 »

Here is my best attempt. Had it working today at the our new club (daytime testing) but I think it may need some tweaking, lol. Had to place some of the DMX offsets in random places in the Fixture creator to get them to show up in Freestyler. Who knows, maybe I am over-thinking it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Total channel are to be 14 else you will overwrite some of the channels when you add more fixtures.
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/d ... _addresses

I would give the strobe ch “Low” = 2, “Med” = 51 and “High” = 100.
The Random Strobe I would placed as Macro and then “Show in” = lamp

Also I will place the color on the color wheel.
In the colors there are some where “gradual” is stated the same color has a wide rang example 50 – 83, it could be that the value range gives how gradual it is so try to adjust this a bit manually.

I am not quit sure what is the optimal way to make the CH 10 function but here is a suggestion.
on the gobo wheels

I have given the colors numbers. You have to find the right color icons and insert them.

If you need more icons to play with in your fixture then you can add these two fixtures
viewtopic.php?t=3599&p=15201

Here are a suggestion from my side that you can play with.
MS_Lighting_MH_LED_108.pff

When you get somthing that works then pleas upload it so others can use it. ;)

/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ardchoille13

Post by ardchoille13 »

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply and the fixture help. Haven't had a chance to test much since I posted but I will know more by the weekend. I'llet ya know how it turns out, and I will definitely upload a finished profile when done. Can probably also upload a few more at the same time actually. Have an entire range of lights from the same company at the moment to go through and program.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”