These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Joystick control not working?

Questions regarding general external control forum.
assimilat
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Joystick control not working?

Post by assimilat »

I went to the freestyler setup and checked the "enable joystic control" button....then when i go to the "keyboard shortcuts" section to map everything my joystick does nothing...i can map keyboard keys just fine....anybody have a clue whats up?

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Joystick control not working?

Post by djSupport »

isnt the keyboard shortcuts for keyboards and not for a joystick? I think off the top of my head the onlything your joystick will do is control pan/tilt and nothing else...
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out
assimilat

Post by assimilat »

Yeah I was just wondering because in the freestyler setup when i go to joystick control it says:

"To configure the joystick buttons go to the keyboard shortcuts, select a function and press a button on your joystick. DO NOT FORGET : if you want to control pan/tilt with your joystick you need to you need to configure "Togle Pan/Tilt"
planewash

Post by planewash »

I have successfully assigned buttons on my Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 to functions in FS. This was done like I would assign an ordinary keyboard shortcut. I've also tried with other usb joysticks, but then I got no reaction on neither buttons nor pan/tilt.
assimilat

Post by assimilat »

yeah i hunted down another driver for the one im using (XBOX controller) and it worked fine...it kinda upsets me because the controller interface im using has X Box, Gamecube and Playstation ports and I wanted to use the Gamecube controller but i cant find another driver like i could for the X Box controller...oh well thanks anyways!

Return to “General Midi Controllers”