These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

No smoke with entec

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Gaz1408
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

No smoke with entec

Post by Gaz1408 »

Hi guys n girls, im having trouble with what i think is my ENTtec open DMX interface, the problem is this - i use Freestyler 3.5.2 with an ENTtec open DMX interface, attached to this i have 5 SGM VII 250's, 2 Highend Trackspots and 1 QTXlight par64, this set-up works fine. i purchased a Martin Magnum 1800 smoke machine and added it to the DMX chain at the correct address, the dmx signal led on the Magnum doesnt light up and freestyler has no control over it whatsoever, i borrowed a visual dmx interface and downloaded the program, wallah - it works perfect, i am set in my mind that freestyler is the software i want to continue to use but really need the smoker to through dmx control.
I used fixture creator to create the Magnum fixture, on opening the program i selected, fogger/hazer.
once opened i entered the manufacturer, model, selected a picture, total channels as 1, fog/level channel as 1, fog/level min as 0, max as 250. on the channel description page, description as intensity, locate as 250 and default as 0.

ive been using freestyler for about a year now, i installed and linked all the fixtures together, set there dmx addresses and created the sequences/chases etc, so i have a knowledge of the basics at each step but cant figure out the problem i am faced with.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: No smoke with entec

Post by Spirit »

hi this is no Enttec issue..
as its just the DMX protocal and its realy straite forward.
but you can look if you REALY addresed the Fixture correct.
also look very carefull how the dip works on some fixture''s DIP up = OFF and othertimes its ON same with DIP down = OFF and othertime ON..

and you can look is a Fase twist works..
SO Normal
PIN1 = Ground/VDD
Pin2 = COLD -
PIN3 = HOT +

but it can be inverted
PIN1 = Ground/VDD
Pin2 = HOT +
PIN3 = COLD -
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: No smoke with entec

Post by Jan_K »

I just had a quick look on the Magnum 1800.

It is a normal pinout.

So the error is some were else.

Connect the fogger and the Enttec direct with a cable you know is working.

Start FreeStyler and see that the DMX signal led is on.

If not then try connectiong an other fixture and see that the DMX signal led on that one is on.
This way you know that the Enttec works.

Place evt. the test fixture after the magnun so you can see that the dmx signal passes through the magnun correct.

/Jan

Return to “DMX Interfaces”