These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

All lights turn on after program exit

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
cameronbudge
Knows how to turn Lights ON

All lights turn on after program exit

Post by cameronbudge »

ok so i think i have narrowed it down the the entec open dmx interface, thought it might have been freestyler as i have been changing over to it from manalator but now i find it does the same thing after i exit manolator
All lights are OFF then when i exit the programs they all turn back on and the mirrors etc go crazy so i am assuming they are all getting 255 on the dmx inputs

has any one had anything like this??

regards,

cameronbudge2
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Re: All lights turn on after program exit

Post by cameronbudge2 »

ok so now i have narrowed it down to the acme invincibled light i had added, it looks like when no dmx signal going to it it sends out spurious data - thus jands fpx all channels turned on, martin roboscan 518 mirror go crazy sounds like they are being driven way past their comfort zone...
If i turn all lights off in program then pull out dmx cable from open dmx exit program, all is fine, nothing turns on
if i turn all lights off in program leave dmx cable in lights turn on when program exits
i know this isn't the best but if turn all lights off pull out usb from open dmx exit program all ok but if refit usb to open dmx lights turn on

any one have any ideas or had anything like this???

dodgy opendmx interface???
acme invincibled light?????

also not sure if i mentioned am doing this on a xp computer, have tried a win 7 machine with exactly same result

regards cameron
sirwesley
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: All lights turn on after program exit

Post by sirwesley »

Some of my lights do turn back on. Haven't figured it out yet either.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”