These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Traktor midi clock

Questions regarding general external control forum.
djniek
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Traktor midi clock

Post by djniek »

Hi!

Traktor dj software has the possibility to send a midi clock signal.
Using a virtual midi cable (like maple), it should be possible to synchronize two programs like traktor and ableton.
Can freestyler listen to such a signal to trigger new scenes in cues or something like that?

Nikolaus
FreeStyler Version: 3

Re: Traktor midi clock

Post by Nikolaus »

At first sorry for my bad english...
Yes it is posible ill tried it today with Ableton live Behringer bcf and marple
Ill take the Output from the bcf and connect it to the input from Ableton and the output from A. to marple "out" than to freestyler ill put learning mode on on Ableton (before learing ill create 8 Audiotracks) and than ill put each fader from bcf to track paning 1 till channel 8 turn of the learn mode in Ableton and turn the learnmode in Freestyler on now make the same, for the funktions you want and thats it you can draw what you want in the timeline and freestyler do it you can even record what you do and edit it .the only litte problen on my pc (2,4 Ghz 512 mb ram )is that freestyler runns sytem till 80% .So ill have to look how i can reduce that but it runns ill tryed to automate strobe ,pan ,tilt and intensity of 4 GLP 250 lazer to daftpunk music looks verry well have to try it with real lamps not in 3d mode to get a real sugjestion if it is realy nice .

Ill love freestyler thats my first entry here and ill hope that this cute sofware is goging to grow big and kicks ass.of to expensive dmx controllers
Greats Nikolaus Germany
djniek

Post by djniek »

Thank you for your answer but I think you misunderstood me.
If I understand you correctly you still use the BCF to command Freestyler.
What I want to do is let Freestyler listen to the midi clock signal Traktor can send.
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

djniek wrote:What I want to do is let Freestyler listen to the midi clock signal Traktor can send.
I am not sure but I think Freestyler can't listen to a clock signal. you can set freestyler to act with certain midi notes thoug.

Example. if freestyler get a MIDI note 3 on input with a high value (not sure of the exact value) it will Toggle Cuelist 1.
If freestyler get a MIDI note 4 on input with a high value, it will enable sound selected fixtures
If freestyler get a MIDI note 4 on input again it will disable sound selected fixtures

and so on.

so you have to use a software which can trigger different MIDI note on certain times.

thats my suggestion. I dont know if there is a easier way to do this?
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report
hobbe

Post by hobbe »

Return to “General Midi Controllers”