These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Request/Question :LEDBAR EA-8080

Fixture File Help & Support, This is not a Request forum we are here to help you not work for you... If you do need a fixture and don't wish to make one yourself or learn then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
This forum is designed for you to get HELP with building fixtures, Please make an attempt if you get stuck YOU must upload your partial fixture file (as an exported fixture file) so we can point you in the right direction if you don't do this you won't LEARN and if you don't learn you will may never be able to get the fixtures you require. It is Very hard to make fixtures for people when we don't have the same light at hand to test it with after all having the light in front of you makes programing so much easier! That's why we will help but rarely build any fixtures for you. You Alone are the best person to build your fixtures if you need help ask if you want it building for you Don't....
or alternativaly if your willing to pay for fixtures to be created then go here : http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service

You can Upload your fixtures as attachments to your posts so there is no need to supply email details Please post any fixtures in the download forum if you require help please contact an Admin/Moderator.
sammys
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
Twitter: twitter.com/

Request/Question :LEDBAR EA-8080

Post by sammys »

Hi Folks,
i use freestyler for 2 month now and i have already made my one simple Fixture for some LED PARs :-)
But now i have got a nice LEDBAR:
Eagle Fai International Limited: EA-8080

But i have some Problems to build my own ficture file for this...
The Led Bar has 3 RGB segmentes ... like it would be 3 single RGB Bars.
The Problem is, that the LEDBAR have all together 12 DMX Channel for the color.
Ch2: All Segments Red
CH3: All Segments GREEN
CH4: All Segmenst BLUE
Ch5-7: RGB Segment 1
CH8-10: RGB Segment 2
CH11-13: RGB Segment 3

The Channel 1 is for dimmer, strobe and some preset programms (color fade, color change(snap) and different other programms).

My problem is, how to make a ficture, where you can configure the different RGB Channles (4) ...
As far i have understood the fixer-creator, you have the ability to configure 3 Channels for the RGB setting ... but how can i use the other 9 ??

Any help is realy welcome :-)

Greetings,
sammys

PS:
here is the complete Cahnnel description ...
EA-8080 LEDBAR
==============
DMX - 512 Mode:

Ch1: funtion seletcting:
0 - 10 dimmer ( Ch2-Ch13 dimmer valid)
11 - 51 strobe ( Ch2-Ch13 dimmer valid)
52 - 91 Light in and Light out (Ch2-Ch13 no valid)
92 - 131 auto color change ( Ch2-Ch13 no valid)
132 - 147 chase 1
148 - 164 chase 2
165 - 181 chase 3
182 - 198 chase 4
199 - 215 chase 5
216 - 232 chase 6
233 - 255 chase 1 - chase 6
Ch2: All RED
Ch3: All GREEN
Ch4: All BLUE
Ch5: Segment 1 RED
Ch6: Segment 1 GREEN
Ch7: Segment 1 BLUE
Ch8: Segment 2 RED
Ch9: Segment 2 GREEN
Ch10: Segment 2 BLUE
Ch11: Segment 3 RED
Ch12: Segment 3 GREEN
Ch13: Segment 3 BLUE

MASTER-SLAVE:
Master: select Programm as you like
ALL Slave: DIP 1 and 10 ON, all other OFF

--------------------------------
it's not a bug, it's a feature ...
CPUP4 3GHz, 3GB RAM, WinXP Prof (all SP all patches) , ATI RADEON graphics. ENTTEC OpenDMX, Freestyler 2.96j
sammys
LJ

Re: Request/Question :LEDBAR EA-8080

Post by sammys »

Hello together,

i have found a way to creat all together 4 fixtures for this LEDBAR ... one if you use all segments at the same time with the same color ... and 3 more for each segment.
(i will upload them to the ficture board soon)

But now i have another problem.
as i wrote, the Ch1 is used for dimmer, strobe and preset patters.

But the dimmer doesn't work for me ... doesn't matter which value i use (0-10), all LEDS have the intensitie from the color/rgb-channel ... the dimmer value doesnt work.
because all other values (eg 11-51 for strobe) work very good, i'm totaly lost, why the dimmer (and so the dmx400 control) doesn't work.

Has anybody some ideas about this ... could it be possible, tha FS doens't like a dimmer with just 10 steps (0-10)
The dimmer of my LED PARs work absoluty perfekt...

Any help is realy welcome :-)
Greets, sammys
CPUP4 3GHz, 3GB RAM, WinXP Prof (all SP all patches) , ATI RADEON graphics. ENTTEC OpenDMX, Freestyler 2.96j
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

sammys wrote:Has anybody some ideas about this ... could it be possible, tha FS doens't like a dimmer with just 10 steps (0-10)
Ch1: funtion seletcting:
0 - 10 dimmer ( Ch2-Ch13 dimmer valid)
Its not a dimmer with just 10 steps, its a setting/mode selection; If Ch1=0...10 then Ch2 to Ch13 are the to be used dimmers. (setting Ch1 to 0 is just the same as setting it to 5 or 8 or 10 or any number in between).
So just setting Ch1 to a value 0...10 only switches your ledbar to 'dimmer modus', then you have to set dimmer values in the other channels.

And if you succeed, please post your fixture profile to User created Downloads
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
sammys
LJ

Post by sammys »

ARG,
somtimes the Answer of a question can be so simple!
MANY THANKS for your help.

But with this, i got another problem.
How can i use a ficture together with the DMX400, when there is no "dimmer-channel" for all lights ??

in the moment it just change it's color, but do no flash withe the sound-beats.

If someone has an answer for that, i would be VERY happy !

Greetings,
sammys

PS: i will upload the ficture file as soon i have all problems fixed and also all macros configured !
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

You dont want to use this fixture in DMX400, DMX400 is a way to simple control for what you want.
You can't even create you own chases (right? not sure about this), so do it a different way.

You need to create your own sequence, say 4 steps. Then save it, adding it to the Cue, start the Cue and then let it response to audio. That is the real way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I'm glad my post was usefull.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
sammys
LJ

Post by sammys »

Hi,

mostly i use the LEDBAR (and 4 LED PARs) for ligthing my living-room.
But i also want to use all ligths for partys.
(and also plan to buy some scanners for this)

For the living-room ligthning i use already the cues a lot (chasing colors each ligth after another ...).
This works realy great. I also have used the sound-2-ligth witch this cues sometime.
If i' honest, i didn't found the DMX400 when i have startet with freestyler.
For that i have done exactly what you recomanded.
Then (after a while) i have found out, what this DMX400 is used for ...

the big advantage from the DMX400 is, that the ligths realy flash on the beat and gets dark again.
Also it's very easy to dimm all ligth at the same time (e.g. when there is a very slow/soft song playing).
And it also use a auto color change ... doing this via a cue, you need MANY single steps :)
With the LED PARs this works realy good.
Thats why i realy like to use the DMX400. (i call it my "quick-and-dirty-party-light")

But i will try further, to make my own party light with a cue ...

Thanks for your help ...
Greets ... sammys
sammys
LJ

Post by sammys »

ARGH ...
i have played a little bit more with the ficture creater.
And it's look like, all my problems with the DMX400 and also with some other issues was just some mistakes in the ficture
setting. So i'm looking forward to finalize the ficture soon (and can use it like i want) ...

So again many thaks for your help ... without your hints i would still be helpless.

Greetings,
sammys

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Help & Support”