These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Pro Sound Smart Arc SSA-1

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Jimster
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Film

Pro Sound Smart Arc SSA-1

Post by Jimster »

I'm looking for a fixutre file for this light:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/smart-ssa-1-dmx ... 28?C=72638

I'm thinking that this is the correct channels?? http://www.maplin.co.uk/media/pdfs/N29CJ_dmx.pdf

I'm guessing the light has been rebranded does anyone know of what the light really is?

Thanks

Jim

kristoffer
Has mastered Fixture Creator

Re: Pro Sound Smart Arc SSA-1

Post by kristoffer »

It's the wrong PDF-file for the Smart SSA-1 DMX. The PDF says it has 5 channels but the SSA-1 only uses 4. You did'nt get any manual when you bought the effect?
Jimster

Post by Jimster »

Sadly the manual is long gone, I've had the light for years, but I'm only just getting into DMX. I've contacted Maplins for a copy of the manual but heard nothing back. I'll keep searching
kristoffer

Post by kristoffer »

Ok, what you can do is download a Generic 4-channel fixture (download/file.php?id=1095) and then just use the faders to figure out which channel is used for what.. Then write down what values for colors and gobos to make the DMX protocol. Takes some time but if you do it i'll be able to make you a working fixture for your scanner.

It's not that hard, just takes som time.
Jimster

Post by Jimster »

Thanks, for the advice. I'll have a play with that fixture file with the light to see what it can do. I have heard back from Maplins, they say they can't help me with a manual, but they told me the light was made by Nova, but still can't find thier contact details
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

When you are playing then use the 5 channel fixture.

You don't know if the data sheet or the dmx table is wrong.

If you detect that channel 5 don't control anything then you can swap to the 4 channel fixture.

/Jan
Jimster

Post by Jimster »

I have managed to find the manual, and I've had a go and creating a fixture file, but not having much luck. My fixture file and manul for the SSA-1 is here:
http://www.sheepspeed.com/SSA1.zip

for some reason I could not add a jpg or fixutre file to the forum.

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong?
kristoffer

Post by kristoffer »

I took the liberty to make a fixture according to the manual you posted. Try it and se if it will work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jimster

Post by Jimster »

Amazing thanks very much, I can't get access to the light until Monday, I'll let you know how I get on, thanks again
Jimster

Post by Jimster »

kristoffer wrote:I took the liberty to make a fixture according to the manual you posted. Try it and se if it will work.

I've tried yuur file, thanks very much, it does seem to work, but I think the stepper motor has failed in the light as it does not move the gobo's as expected. This is also the same when not used in DMX mode. I am waiting to here back on a price for a new motor to test this 100%

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”