These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

XStatic Stratos X-LEDPAR86

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
djbill359
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

XStatic Stratos X-LEDPAR86

Post by djbill359 »

For starters,Hello ALL, I am a NEWBIE when it comes to DMX.With that said...
I purchased 2 Xstatic Stratos X-LEDPAR86 Par Cans off of e-Bay New for $49.00 each,I also picked up the KMTronic USB -DMX512 Dongle. I got the Dongle to be seen with Freestyler,Put could not figure out how to setup and Create Fixture within The Fixture Creator. I read just about everything here and on the net,I watch at lest a half dozen videos and I'm still not getting it.Is it really that difficult? I think not.I like to think of myself as A Computer Geek,I just don't get it and I was someone might be able to help me. Thank You ALL. :cry:

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: XStatic Stratos X-LEDPAR86

Post by Jan_K »

djbill359

Post by djbill359 »

[quote="Jan_K"]Here is a good place to start. ;)

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/Fixture%20Creator

Jan K;
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.... :D
I have been there already,I wanted to make sure that this dongle that I got was working,So I hooked up my ADJ Tripleflex and I created a 9 Ch. Fixture just to make sure that I was understanding the Fixture Creator.It worked perfectly.the I hooked up those lame a$$ Xstatic LEDPAR86 fixtures and got nothing,I found a support site for The KMTRONIC dongle at http://www.kmtronic.com and found a small Test Program to check if the Dongle is being seen with the Computer(it is),BUT when I hook up the par86 the software will not see the fixture,but again,I hooked up the ADJ fixture and that worked fine.So,that makes me want to believe that the DMX inside the par86 is no good.I tried setting the Dip switches according to the manual with no luck.Of well,I think I have exhausted all avenues.the fixtures work fine in Master & Slave mode.Oh well,I guess that is what I get when I purchased CHEAP Fixtures. :|
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

I am a bit confused.

You write "Not see the fixture".
DMX512 is a one way meaning there is no handshaking and therefore it don't know is a fixture is attached.

If you can control the tripleflex then your dongle is working.

Do you have the dmx table / manual for the par86.

Also have evt. a extra look on the dip switch. There may be one that place it in standalone mode.

/Jan
djbill359

Post by djbill359 »

I should have reworded that "Not Seeing",I installed The Tripleflex like I said,and it worked just fine,I since have gotten the Lumin Light Ogre LED Wash Bar it is identical to The Chauvet Color Rail Bar.I even created a fixture file for it in.But back to the Par Can86. I have tried every possible Dip switch setting and still got nothing.As for the DMX Chart. this is what it says(Not A Chart).
"When the lighting fixture connect DMX Controller"
"Channel 1:The Light will turn on .001 .079 is Strobe"
"channel 2: Dimmer Function"
"Channel 3: It can turn on RED LED"
"Channel 4: It can turn on Green LED"
" Channel 5: It can turn on Blue LED on"
As for the dip Switches..(This is how I setup the single fixture)
Dip Sw. # 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Down Up Up Up Up Up Up Up Up Up This is DMX mode Address 1
DMX Mode
"To set Dip Switch 10 of ALL units to ON"
"To Set Address code by setting Dip Switches 1-9 pf each unit"
10 is DMX 1-9 are used to setup The fixtures Address.

I hope this helps? Thank You for your time...
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

It sounde like you know a bit about DMX.

I would try just running with one PAR86 alone.
The PAR 86 fixtur in freestyler set to start address 1 and the start address on the Parcan set to 1.

Check that this is actually is correct and not Up, Down, Down, ......
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Dip Sw. # 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Down Up Up Up Up Up Up Up Up Up This is DMX mode Address 1
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

When you are testing the fixture the try eventually to use the sliders in the Right side of FreeStyler.
These sliders gives you direct control over the fixture. This is a way to overcome errors in the fixture files.
Try various settings, full color and then give the other sliders a try.

Mode.
There are no mode selection.
Some fixtures can run in more modes example a simple RGB 3 channel, or 5 - 7 channel mode. ?

I tried to find a manual on the net for this fixture but with no luck :(

/Jan
djbill359

Post by djbill359 »

I thank you for All you Time and Info. I stayed on top of this,I got up early this morning and headed right to the Par Can and Turned OFF 1-9 Dips and kept 10 "ON" Fired up Freestyler,I load A Chauvet Color Splash Jr and turned Up All the sliders and :mrgreen: "It Worked" :mrgreen: Then I played around with each slider and found out which Channel did what. then I Imported The Color splash into The Fixture Creator and Edited the fixture file to be seen as A X Static Stratos X-LEDPAR86 Fixture Files,Saved it,Then Exported it,Added the fixture in Freestyler and,Well you know the rest. I did have to go back into the Creator Program a few times to tweak a few Values,but other then that,I did it.What a feeling when You can over come a problem and resolve it with some help for you.Thank You again. I do believe I'm getting the hang of The Fixture Creator. now that I got The fixture working correctly,it is now time to Watch & Read some more "How To's" to teach myself this program.Eventually I want to be able to Use My Korg NanpPad2 via Midi with Freestyler and then hopefully by that time,someone has figured out how to interface the Program with Virtual DJ.This is my Dream.I taught myself Midi for VDJ,I'm sure I will be able to figure this out and if I can't,you can bet you ALL will be hearing from me...lol
"Now it's Off to Try and Master Freestyler" :fs: . I will not be beatin by a program...lol :D
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Nice to hear someone that ain't afraid of using the Fixture Creator.

Stay on the top!

:D :D :D

/Jan
djbill359

Post by djbill359 »

What is to be afraid of? The Fixture Creator is the Easiest part of this whole Software. Hey, If I can figure it out,then so can everyone else...lol...Thanks....means a lot....

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”