These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet Colorrail 26ch

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
spdj20
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Chauvet Colorrail 26ch

Post by spdj20 »

Yeah I know I'm probably crazy but I would love to have full control over this thing.

I've looked at the Wiki page for LED Bars and so far what I've come up with is this

Creating fixture file for just the individual RGB segments 3ch with R,G,B only x 8

Creating fixture file for just the strobe channel (Freestyler gives me an error though)

Creating fixture file for just the dimmer channel (Freestyler gives me an error though)

So when I try to create a single fixture with either only a strobe or intensity channel I get the error "Channel is higher than total channels"

Any ideas how I can accomplish this. Should I be using the RGB segments tab?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Chauvet Colorrail 26ch

Post by Spirit »

:lol: yes Crazy would be a good word :lol:

But on the Fixture config. tab

You have
Manufacturer:
Fixture name:
Fixt.Picture:
Then under this you have "TOTAL CHANNELS"
Here you need to fill in the amount of channels your going to add to the Fixture file.

as the error says: "Channel is higher than total channels"

and yes i would make a Fixture with the RGB segements.
and the "Total channels" should be "26" ;)
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Spirit

Sorry sometime I read things a bit to fast you are right Spirt so wrong answer from my side

Think he is trying to make a combined fixture.
The problem is that the Dimmer and Strobe are not in the same end.

If I am correct then you need

ch 1 Dimmer 1 ch fixture
ch 2 - 4 RGB 3 ch fixture
ch 5 - 7 RGB 3 ch fixture
ch 8 - 10 RGB 3 ch fixture
ch 11 - 13 RGB 3 ch fixture
ch 14 - 16 RGB 3 ch fixture
ch 17 - 19 RGB 3 ch fixture
ch 20 - 22 RGB 3 ch fixture
ch 23 - 25 RGB 3 ch fixture
ch 26 Strobe 1 ch fixture.

I am not sure how well this will work beacuse of the intelegent part in FreeStyler where Shutter and Strobe are connected.
But the strobe can as a work arround be placed on the gobo wheel. (I think)

An alternativ could be to use RGB segments then you can have all controls in one fifture.

/Jan
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Something like this.
Chauvet_Colorrail.pff
/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”