These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Request - EKHO Lasers - Griffin & Hydra

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Cliff
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by Cliff »

Hi all, having serious problems with these...I cannot even get them to switch on/off on command.

I have tested the Auto and they work ok...also tested the Sound to Light and that works ok on them as well, but that is it, I can't get them to do anything via Freestyler, and I cannot find any information that has helped so far on here??

Any help would be appreciated..

Cliff

Re: Request - EKHO Lasers - Griffin & Hydra

Post by Cliff »

Still no further with these units.

I have had to keep them on Music Activate and switch them on/off manually via the mains outlet.

One of the red lasers decided not to work last night, halfway through a gig so got that changed this morning, and asked whilst I was there and they say the DMX is active on both, so will now sit down and find out whats going on..

Would be helpful if anybody else knows anything, even if it's just to be able to switch them on/off via Freestyler??? ;)
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

ok...have spent all day trying to get these sorted and they have beaten me......

I am not completely Freestyler savvy, but just can't see why I can't even switch them on/off???

I got all the settings in the User Manual, but to no avail....

Any chance of a suggestion or some help with these please??
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

Ok...try the following:

1) Try and find out if the unit has another brand name or fixture name. A fixture profile may already exist on the forum but under a different name. Try searching google for key words like the number of channels etc.
2) Open up an existing FS fixture profile for a similar unit and see what might be missing from your own profile.
3) check that you have coded a shutter Chanel for the unit. This is what normally allows for the on/off function.
Good luck!
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Have done a search for these Laser's but can't find anything like them?

Have opened a similar one in Freestyler, with shutter, but still no go?
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

My brain is now fried :o

They have 10 dip switches

Switching 1 and 10 on will make them work in auto (or demo mode as I call it)

Switching just 10 on will make them sound activated.

For DMX it says that they should all be OFF

I have added them and got the addresses which are 1,2,3,5 ON all others OFF

Nothing :evil:

It's probably something real easy I am missing but I have been trying with these for a good few days now and they almost went out the window tonight...

Please can anybody point me in the right direction...
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

ok..making a bit of headway now.

Have discovered that by using the settings for a KAM laser I can now get them to switch on/off, and can even get them to increase and decrease in size and speed.

None of the gobo's work manually, mainly because I am using KAM and these are EKHO lasers...just got to work out how to add the different ones??

Is there really nobody out there that can help at all?????
Cliff

Post by Cliff »

Received a Board Email from somebody called "SteveG" concerning the Griffin Laser.

I cannot find a member called SteveG so if this is you please email me again with an email address I can reply to....in answer to your enquiry "I do not have the manuals but can tell you the dip switch settings".

Cliff

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”