These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet LEDsplash 86b

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
skintner
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Chauvet LEDsplash 86b

Post by skintner »

I am so new to this stuff that I am still cold and wet behind the ears... I did find the file for the Chauvet 4Play (I hope it works) but I also need to control two of thes splash/wash lights...

Thanks for your help...

steve

skintner

Re: Chauvet LEDsplash 86b

Post by skintner »

I will try to upload the manual for this... it lists the information, but lost the formatting when I tried to copy and paste just the DMX information. I truly hope this is ok.

steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

i realy recommend to Try it your self.
this way We dont need to create all the Fixtures.
and if there is no time you Know how to do it.

Look at this page it shows some differnt way how to Create a Led par:
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... led_parcan

PS. Ledpars are one of the Easiest Fixtures to create.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
skintner

Post by skintner »

I have looked into it... there is a video tutorial on youtube, but the guy was just modifying a fixture that was already there... I got lost fast.

I am working my way into the program... I have ordered the USB DMXpro and installed the software, but it's slow going. It probably doesn't help my comfort level that I couldn't get a chauvet Obey 40 to even turn on any of my fixtures... with correct cables and the last device properly terminated... so, it's a much more daunting task now. I'm simply hoping that my computer savvy will help me work through it.

That all being said, nobody here is required to do this fixture... however, this forum IS for fixture requests. By uploading the manual I only wanted to make it easier if anyone should happen to be willing to make the attempt. I am sure that eventually I will get this worked out.

Binary is difficult for me... it was my weakness with sub-netting tcp/ip... but I'll get there.

thanks for the help
steve
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Steve

How newbie are you to DMX.

It should be possible to operate the light with the Obey 40 just setting the DMX addresses correct.
(I have no experience with Obe 40)

And I am sure that we can guide you to turn on the light.

/Jan
skintner

Post by skintner »

Hi Jan,
I am TOTALLY new to DMX... however, I did manage this weekend to get the Obey to work with the 4Play fixtures... started with one fixture addressed to 1 and terminated properly (like scsi)... sliders 1-6 were functional so I chained in the second 4Play with the same address to get both doing the same thing and it worked out ok... The only thing I don't care for is the sliders do too much too fast... confirms my thinking that the computer interface and Freestyler will give me the control I am looking for.

thanks
steve
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Ok.
I was a bit worried but now when you are able to turn light on then we can guide you to the rest.

/Jan
skintner

Post by skintner »

Greetings again

I am still waiting for delivery of my Entec USB DMX Pro, but I hooked up these color splash wash lightsto my Obey 40 yesterday... the addressing worked out ok and I was able to get the Color splash 86b lights going *somewhat*... but the functions that the *manual* describes were not happening... no fade, no single color washes... I guess I will reset for just the three channel dmx and try again, but I am sure looking forward to being able to control all this stuff with the computer and Freestyler.

Thanks again for your *help*...
steve
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej again.

If you start from scratch againg then here are a small guide.

The fixture (splash) has to be set correct.
On the dip switch.
If you start from DMX address 1 then.
sw. 1 = on
sw. 2 to 9 = off.
sw. 10 = off.

Set the fixture to 7 channel mode.
sw. 11 and 12 = off.

Now on the Obey 40.
As I read the manual it has a fixed addressing so you don't have to set anything that one.
Just press fixtuer no 1 button and then use the faders 1 to 7.

Now adjust fader 1 and 7 to 100% / full on.
And there should be light.

On fader 4 and 5 you have color macro and speed or strobe.
Adjust then to 50%, half value.
See that they works.

splash.jpg
/Jan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skintner

Post by skintner »

Thanks, Jan_K... I will try this out today. Just an fyi, I bought these two fixtures to use as washes... don't need strobe or any fancy chases. Just need to have them go red, blue, and green...

steve
skintner

Post by skintner »

OK...

I attempted to create this fixture in 3 channel mode... I used a similar appearing image since I don't have image editing on this machine... I don't understand what fixture creator wants and there didn't seem to be a way to enter the values or dimmer settings... please look at this file and correct me.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Well you will change you application when you get to know FreeStyler :)

You have a benefit of running it in 7ch mode
The dimmer is present and that gives the possibility to adjust the light intsity.
Handy when you make a shade instead of a main color and to make the blackout work in FreeStyler.

Will have a look on your file

/Jan
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

Hej again

Have had a look on the fixture and you are on the right track.

When you want to send, move, what so ever with a fixture then export the fixture. This will pack icons, images and so on into one file. It is found under “File” menu.

When you don’t have the icon then google is your friend Save the images you find and resize it to 60x60.

You made a 3 channel fixture and in that mode there are no dimmer to set, so you are right you can’t figure out where to place it.

4. I have made a example in 7 channel mode.
There is not made any macros, that you can give a try by you self.

I don’t have the fixture so I have not been able to test it.
You can have a look hove I have configured dimmer and strobe.

There are more information and tutorials on wiki. :)
Chauvet_ColorSplash LED.pff
skintner

Post by skintner »

Thanks, Jan_K... I will remember about exporting the fixture. I have an image but as I said, no editor on this machine to reduce size to 60X60... that will be today.

I received the Entec Pro device, but I have no 5pin connectors... installed the drivers and software on my 64 bit laptop, and the interface blinks when the software is running so it must be ok. Hopefully Guitar Center has a 5pin > 3pin dmx adaptor. If yes, she'll be running tonight.

steve

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”