These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Xone K2 problems

Questions regarding general external control forum.
robdquick
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/2gmobiledj

Xone K2 problems

Post by robdquick »

Hi,

I have just bought myself a Xone K2 to control freestyler. Setting up the faders/pots to control submaster intensity/cue speepd works fine, however I cannot get any of the buttons to work at all. The code shows up in the midi panel when I 'learn' a button to a function, but it doesn't do anything in the actual program.

For example, I want to set a button to activate a cuelist button. This is what shows up in freestyler when I press the button:
Untitled.png
But when I go back to freestyler, pressing the button doesn't activate the cuelist. I know the midi control is working because if I assign it to an encoder it works, so it seems to be specific to the buttons.

Here is the output from Midi-OX when I press and release the button:

TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT
0000602F 1 -- 9E 24 7F 15 C 2 Note On
000060C4 1 -- 8E 24 00 15 C 2 Note Off

I've tried activating all of the options in the options in the midi panel. but none of them seem to work.

Anybody got any ideas??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robdquick
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/2gmobiledj

Re: Xone K2 problems

Post by robdquick »

Ok, solved the problem. Buttons don't send out CC messages, only note on/off. Using Bome's Midi Translator classic to convert the note on/off to a CC makes it work.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”