These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Stupid Newbie question

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
kwelch007
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Stupid Newbie question

Post by kwelch007 »

Hi folks,

I'm sorry for asking such a newbie question, but I haven't had any luck finding it in the FS Wiki...I'm hoping somebody can point me in the right direction.

I do lights for a band (we're just getting started putting the system together,) and have some experience with Martin LightJockey. We just decided to upgrade from Par32 front lights on dimmer packs to LED Par 64's. We already have Chauvet Par 64's and a couple DJ lights for back lighting...we will soon be adding some intelligent scanners, but not sure what yet.

I was using a crappy old Chauvet DMX-44 board, but know that it won't do what I want with the new lights (specifically group and control back lights differently than fronts, and the DJ/scanners from the rest.) So I've ordered an Enttec USB DMX Pro, and hope and think that I can use Freestyler to do what I want, but am having trouble finding documentation.

What I really want to do is create various scenes for the back-lighting while independently controlling the front lighting, and then also set scenes for the DJ/scanner lights, and cue it all independently. That is, I'd like to be able to click a button to set front scenes, click another button to control back scenes, and another button to turn on my selected DJ lights (ideally, I'd like to be able to set hot-keys on the keyboard for each.)

I've read the entire FS Wiki, and still can't quite figure out how to do this. I understand sequences and cues, but am not finding documentation on how to do what I want. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!
Kendell

kwelch007
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Stupid Newbie question

Post by kwelch007 »

Think I figured part of it out, but would still appreciate any pointers to thorough tutorials.

Thanks!
Kendell
wardomon
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: Stupid Newbie question

Post by wardomon »

There's a world of difference between running a light board and running lighting control software. Everything changed when I got a BCF2000. Before you buy any more lights, get a midi control surface.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”