These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Lightmaxx by Fame Led par64

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
justcruisin
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2

Lightmaxx by Fame Led par64

Post by justcruisin »

Newbie here desperately looking for a file to operate led par 64s by lightmaxx.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!!!

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Lightmaxx by Fame Led par64

Post by remco_k »

Hi and welcome on the FreeStyler support forum.
Although its allowed to ask such a 'lazy' (sorry for that) question, history tells us that you generally don't get help at all. But you get a lot more and faster help if you:

- Post the DMX channel description and/or the manual here
- Try to create the fixture file yourself using the fixture creator. With basic understanding of DMX that should not take longer than 15 minutes for basic operation.
- Try it out, if it does not work, post your exported *.pff file here, we will look with you and help you out.
- If it does work, post the exported *.pff file in the user created fixtures subforum. Your fixture file can then be found and used by more people. They will be thankfull. Also the fixture file will be distributed with the next release of FreeStyler.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
Mavi
LJ
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mavi »

Welcome here justcruisin. If you are talking about the tri-color LED par, you are REALY lucky! Why? Because I am going to visit music-store (i think there you got your lights, since lightmaxx seams to be a house-brand from music-store) in two weeks and we are going to buy some of the tri-color lightmaxx par 56 or lightmaxx par 64 - deepending of wich we like better. Anyway, they bothe use 6 DMX channels so the fixture profile file should be the same.
I will need the profile file in some weeks too, so I would have to create it anyway. I do not have done it til now because I do not have the manual. If you can provide the manual I will be glad to do the fixture file and give it to you!
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
justcruisin

Post by justcruisin »

thank you mavi,

I will get this for you asap and then would be so happy if you can make the file. I tried other fixture settings for the led tri colour par cans but none of them worked at all!

Hopefully will have enstruction sheet for you later.

Thanks again

Gareth
justcruisin

Post by justcruisin »

Ok strike that, I drove 45 miles and went to find the user manual and found it!

Below is the channel data for the light I need a fixture file for, I tried to build a file now but still light stays unlit.

A shiny gold star for anyone who can get this working!

Lightmaxx LED Par64 by fame
LED 183 pieces RGB R60, G 60, B 63

4 Channel, RGB, then dimmer/strobe

ch1 red value 0-255
ch2 green value 0-255
ch3 blue value 0-255
ch4 000-189 Dimmer
190-250 flash
251-255 no function

that's all I have....fingers now crossed!
Last edited by justcruisin on November 26th, 2010, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Well, normaly you do not have the same DMX configuration on different fixtures from different brands. Just because they are both tri-color LED fixtures with 6 DMX channels.
I googled about the manual and found out, musicstore normaly will send it per email if you ask them. So I will ask for the manual and hope they send me one :)
I know, my english is not the best. If you have any problem to understand you are welcome to give me englisch lessons
justcruisin

Post by justcruisin »

thank you very very much, mine is lost somewhere in a sea of manuals receipts and paperwork!

Please let me know as soon as you manage to figure out the freetyler fixture file and I will forever owe you!!!!
justcruisin

Post by justcruisin »

please see above ammended post with correct values from user manual
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

I go to bed now... Will create the fixture file tomorrow.
Mavi
LJ

Post by Mavi »

Here is the fixture file. It is untested, so let me know if it works :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
justcruisin

Post by justcruisin »

SO frustrating!!!

Thank you so much Mavi for your file, however here is the problem, I connect the light, power oin, set correct DMX but cannot get any light to come on through freestyler. The rest of my lights including LED par bar are working fine, but the par64 led no lights on. The colour is of course changing on screen but I'm wondering if it is to do with the LED par 64 needing the dimmer up at the same time as the colours? On my lighting board by stairville, I have to have channel 4 up full then the colours in order to get light, why is Freestyler not working with this feature? I can see you patched channel 4 to intensity but still nothing. I tried changing the fixture to the only light in the system from start address 1 but nope.

Any advice?
justcruisin

Post by justcruisin »

SOLVED!

Your file is fine Mavi!

The settings on the light are just different to those on Freestyler that was the problem!!!

Freestyler asked me to set pins 1-4 off the rest on, but these particular LED par 64s can only be used on DMX address 1 and you need to have pins 1 and 10 on the rest off.

Finally I can see the light!!!!

Thank you so so much for your help!!!
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

justcruisin wrote: Freestyler asked me to set pins 1-4 off the rest on, but these particular LED par 64s can only be used on DMX address 1 and you need to have pins 1 and 10 on the rest off.
Thats why one should have a look in the manual as dip-switch settings are quite often not the same among different fixtures.
FreeStyler just draws out the binary standard that is used in about 99% of the dipswitch configured fixtures. Often the on/off is misread (thats being fixed) by users. All brands just implements dip configurations various other ways to achieve the same.
The basics are all the same, but at the end, there all different - if you are unlucky.

Next to that:
1. "1-4 off the rest on", then you did'nt assign adress 1 for sure in FreeStyler but you adressed 15 or 240 (see the misread above ;) ) So you probably typed dmx channel 15 in FreeStyler and configured your fixture on 240 because of you misreading the image and/or not taking into account that a fixture could have its own 'dip protocol'. (Ofcourse the 15 and 240 can be swapped here in this example)
2. I'm sure you can use the fixture on other channels than 1. Thats why the dips are on it. You just need to know how it works.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”