These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Real mini DMX stage model?

Nothing about FreeStyler just General Chat.
BisLibrary
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/

Real mini DMX stage model?

Post by BisLibrary »

We're an international school with a brand new multi purpose hall and took freestyler and MyDmx as standard softwares for our students to create their shows.
the problem with the 3D viewer is that a lot of students just can't project themselves on the virtual stage. the real stage is build only when the shows are taking place, the rest of the time, the room is used as a sport hall...
Is there a possibility to create a mini stage with leds(for leds pars) and little lights for normals pars... (moving heads or scanners would be too much asking)???
that would be great for demonstrations of the software as well, so that the students can see what they are doing, set their marks on the stage, etc...
Is this a weird concept?
Cyril
Last edited by BisLibrary on February 17th, 2010, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Real mini DMX stage model?

Post by dmxlighting »

Im not exactly sure what you want here ?

The 3D visulizer that works with FS can be customized to be however you want within reason.

You can place a moving head, scan, par can, led can etc. on the stage anywhere you want and then see you programs come to life.
Not every type of fixture will work on the vis, for example a martin wizard, because of the nature of the beams, will not work on the vis.

The fixtures in the vis must be patched to the exact same channels as they are in FS and the fixture profiles must also match.
Please be aware that many of the fixture profiles in the vis are not fully working or man not even exsist at all. There is a fixture profile make for the vis which may also help.

If this is not what you meant then please say.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

Or I am missing the point, or you did'nt find vital functionality in 3d easy view.
You can 'emulate' the complete setup in 3d easyview, draw an stage and everything else around it.

If I'm missing the point, please reform you question.

Edit: dmxlighting :evil: ;)
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

@ Remco - Sorry dude :mrgreen:

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
BisLibrary

Post by BisLibrary »

Thats the all point here, I just dont want to use the 3D viewer with my students they need to understand how to plug the XLR cables, how to set up the stage, to make sure the fixtures are connected one another and then hooked to the dmx controller or the "manual light commander". Of course they use the 3D viewer at home to create their scenes, or use MAlighting software or even Sketchup... but thats not the point here. we want them to physically visualize what they are doing. a screen is not to compare with a real stage, even miniaturised!
do you understand now my problem?
Cyril
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Im still at a loss as to what you are asking!

I think you want to build a real stage with real fixtures on it. Well you will need to buy or hire some lighting and ........

The Freestyler software will run the fixtures (if you have a usb / dmx device) and then you have a real show.

Im not sure where abouts you are but if you are near London then my company can come out to you with some nice toys to play with and 'teach' you and your students all about them (and give a lesson in FS too). :)

dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

Oh wait I got it !

You want to make a working 'model' of a stage that has fixtures on it that you can operate. ?

Well in all my many years experience in this industry I have never seen a working model stage except in 3d on a PC or on a CAD drawing.

I would think that this would be very expensive to produce if its at all possible.

Im affraid that its the real stage or the 3d virtual stage and thats about it.

Still the offer stands if you are near London then my company can visit with a range of fixtures etc.

BisLibrary

Thats all folks, I'm afraid

Post by BisLibrary »

Thanks a lot dmxlighting,
but don't worry about me, I was for more than 15 years stage & light designer in professional theatres across the globe. DMX softwares are a great implementation for the pros...
I will search for an electronic freak and create my own "thing" if it does not exist. We work with Thomann and GLP provides us with the fixtures..for a very "educational" price :mrgreen:
Cyril
Last edited by BisLibrary on February 17th, 2010, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by remco_k »

dmxlighting wrote:Oh wait I got it !

You want to make a working 'model' of a stage that has fixtures on it that you can operate. ?

Well in all my many years experience in this industry I have never seen a working model stage except in 3d on a PC or on a CAD drawing.

I would think that this would be very expensive to produce if its at all possible.

Im affraid that its the real stage or the 3d virtual stage and thats about it.

Still the offer stands if you are near London then my company can visit with a range of fixtures etc.
Well if thats true, he can buy the cheapest of the cheapest fixtures he want to use. I've seen scanners for less than €150,-, LED PARS for €40,-.
If he wants a working model in 3d, thats the only way as far as I know.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “Off-Zone”