These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

NOOB question about creating slow fade

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
hearsaym
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: X2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band
Twitter: https://twitter.com/GrungerBand

NOOB question about creating slow fade

Post by hearsaym »

I am a NOOB but I am usually good about figuring things out and searching the web for answers. But I am honestly stumped with what seems like it should be simple, so I am here asking you all for some help.

All I am trying to do is create a sequence that will play a slow fade up, lets say red, on one single light. So with the light off initially, I want to trigger the sequence which will fade the light slowly up from off to fully on over 10 seconds.

I have created a dozen sequences trying to do this, and have watched lots of videos, but none of them show how to accomplish this. If someone is able to provide step-by-step directions on how to accomplish this I would be forever grateful. Thanks in advance!!

perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: NOOB question about creating slow fade

Post by perrip »

All you need to do is open the sequence creator. on step one set the dimmer channel off, or all the way to the left, and set your color channel all the way open, make sure that each of those channels is set to fade, (green triangle getting wider to the right, you do not want the open or red circle). click on the add a step ( + button) and move the dimer a little bit up. The default timings in the sequence creator should be fine, leave them as is. then make 10 steps, each one moving the dimmer channel on your fixture a little bit up until you reach full. Save the sequence, put it in your cue and you should be good. there are many ways to do this that is just one. Hope that helps
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

A one step sequence will accomplish this (assuming the instrument is already fully dimmed) . Set the run time and fade time to 10.

If there are both a red channel and a dimmer channel set the dimmer channel to full and fade. Set the red channel to full and snap. Set the other colors to 0 and snap.

If there is no dimmer channel set the red channel to full and fade. set the other colors to 0 and snap.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6

Post by perrip »

That sounds like a much better way to do that.
Thanks!!
djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by djSupport »

Rod_Horning wrote: February 15th, 2024, 2:48 pm A one step sequence will accomplish this (assuming the instrument is already fully dimmed) . Set the run time and fade time to 10.

If there are both a red channel and a dimmer channel set the dimmer channel to full and fade. Set the red channel to full and snap. Set the other colors to 0 and snap.

If there is no dimmer channel set the red channel to full and fade. set the other colors to 0 and snap.
A two step sequence would always guarantee that the fade starts at zero so make your choice in what you want a first step with everything at zero the second step set to full brightness the first step should be set to 'snap' to instantly bring everything down then the next step fade

More information about snap and fade a common thing in DMX is on this wiki page https://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/ ... e&s[]=snap
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “FreeStyler Software”