These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

How does the "Ignore midi channel" work?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
lightman1990
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

How does the "Ignore midi channel" work?

Post by lightman1990 »

Hi,
Recently i bought some new lights and want to pick up DMX control again. I liked freestyler in the past so i want to use it again. Some background information:
- 8 LED par DJWORLD 18x7 par (china)
- 4x Shehd 80W movinghead (china)
- ayra digicon 1 MIDI controller
- Enttec OpenDMX USB

I was able to program a lot of stuff like i want but i run into a problem. I noticed that when i hit a "bank" button on the Ayra midicon-1, the buttons bellow (flash and go buttons and the faders) stay on the same "Note" but another "channel".

As i want to use the (flash/go) buttons and faders for the same function(s) on all pages i want to disable this. The Ayra midicon-1 has no feature for this but i found a "Ignore midi channel" function in the (Freestyler setup) MIDI controller settings. Accordinig to the description of this option in the wiki (https://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/ ... w_to_setup) it sounds like where i'm looking for. Unfortunately are the channels still used when i enable the "ignore channel" function.

Do i understand this function wrong? or is it not working? or only working with the supported controllers?
For me the Ayra digicon is kind of useless when i cannot assign the same function to the mentioned buttons for all pages.

Thanks for all support and help in advance.
Rogé

Return to “FreeStyler Software”