These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

saving a sequence in playback mode

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

saving a sequence in playback mode

Post by perrip »

Is there a way when you are in regular playback mode, and you have made some changes to a few lights and would like to save it as like a snapshot to use again?
Thanks
Paul

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: saving a sequence in playback mode

Post by Partyman »

Yes, but you will not see the changes visually because it will be in "offline mode".
While running cues open the sequence editor and open the scene you want to make changes to, make the changes, save the scene. When you stop and restart the scene it will react with new values. If you are wanting to make changes and save as a different scene then use "save as" instead of "save"
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Oh ok, that makes sense, one scenario that happens a lot is I have 4 large moving heads that are used as the main front "wash" lights for bands, say like for instance the guitarist is standing in a different position than typical and I want to adjust a light to hit him. If I am in playback mode and I then open the sequence editor I will not know if I have pointed it correctly (is that true) is there a way to do that sort of thing? and thanks Partyman I appreciate all the help you always give out!!
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

In that situation I would Open the sequence and adjust pan 1 or 2 steps, save and restart the scene. You will quickly get a sense of what to do
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

sounds good, I will give that a try

Return to “FreeStyler Software”