These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Need some help setting up an AKAI APC Mini MK2

Questions regarding general external control forum.
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Need some help setting up an AKAI APC Mini MK2

Post by SiGNe »

Hi,

First of all, my setup:
4 ADJ Hex pars (RGBWAUV) and an Akai APC Mini MK2
I have years of experience with Freestyler but since my (home) setup never needed to have advanced cues and submasters i never used that.
Controlled my lights mostly manually and used S2L and DMX400 when i had a party.

Now i bought an AKAI APC Mini MK2 so now i want more.
I have started using external midi control, managed to make some things working like some overrides and i can set the button color any way i want (rgb color, blinking, flashing)

But what i really would like is to control each of my lights independently, 6 colors per lamp.
4 Lamps times 6 colors make 24 buttons but in the sequence and cue settings i can only use max 20 settings.
How can i get more?

Or do i make 4 submaster lists, one for each fixture and add the 6 colors in the submaster list?
But how do i map that to a button so i can control the color per fixture?

I tried using DMX to Midi in the settings, that has 32 settings but then the buttons work as a flash button, they only turn on when i hold the button.

When i have it working i'll make a tutorial on setting up the AKAI APC MIni MK2, it has RGB buttons so it has a little bit more settings than the Mini MK1 (that only has red, amber and green leds)

SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Re: Need some help setting up an AKAI APC Mini MK2

Post by SiGNe »

I have the looks set up (for a part, colors of the buttons are set up) but override buttons aren't doing what i want, i can only select 1 at a time.

i want 4 rows of 6 colors , 1 row per fixture.

There is an option in midi settings that can toggle cuelist, 32 of 'm (i need 24) but how can i manage that?
Doens't that only toggle the list and not the cue in it?

I think i need more midi settings, could do it if i could toggle more than 20 cues though midi.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”