These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixture flashes when changing slider values.

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Deltale
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Fixture flashes when changing slider values.

Post by Deltale »

Hello everyone.
So I'm new to all this light control thing and trying to replace old analog deck with USB interface one.
The problem is... I created a simple fixture (3 channels 0-255, RGB, all as said in manual) inserted it in the scene. When I move RGB sliders (any of them, they all act the same). 1-127 light intensity increases, 128-182 intensity KINDA increases, but with flashing bright and dim intervals ( 135 will be bright, 143 will be dim, 145 bright again and so on), and after 182 I have light but with very low intensity..
I'm using FS 4.1.6, win 10 on laptop, straight connection to the fixture for testing...
Interface name LIXADA or somth like that...
PS same light works fine with analog deck.

Dblab
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Fixture flashes when changing slider values.

Post by Dblab »

Similar enconter with a 3.1 usb based motherboard. No problem with a 2.0 laptop. I could try with a 3.0 usb based notebook but I dont use it this way. Pretty sure It's about the "full acpi bios windows 10 frontier" matching with the ieee1394 o.s. less "french fries" assimilation. It's seems a 12v-24v nothputing story
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

ALMOST ALL LIXADA ISSUES ARE DRIVER RELATED! iF IT IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY YOU MOST LIKELY NEED TO UNINSTALL AND TRY A DIFFERENT DRIVER UNTIL THINGS BEHAVE CORRECTLY

I use usb 2.0 on dozens of machines with no problems. Make sure in windows device manager that all USB ports do NOT allow power suspension or disabling(it is usually enabled by default)
Make sure that the fixture itself is in the correct dmx channel mode and addressed correctly (some lights have A.xxx and D.xxx)
Dblab
Just started using FS

Post by Dblab »

No effect with power management turned off on the root controller, the generic controller and the the xhci controller... The problem is deeper
Last edited by Dblab on October 12th, 2023, 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

I would try different drivers
Dblab
Just started using FS

Post by Dblab »

You should know that is (always) pnp. From my point of view, it's hardware. It seems you just can't ban the parallel protocol standing from atx, only because of a 5"1/4 drive bay standard ignorance, where an atx case front pannel updater only requires 2 screws of this standard and an "easy setup" plastic clip removing. atx isn't a supermarket thing and in fact, nobody needs a sata IV mouse or a m(pcie)2 keyboard "shortcut". No more than "gran atx" (3x pcie16 port) motherboard that whatever says "shit" to his main vga bus, equipping oneself with a backplate hdmi. It would be like sell powerfull gpu without sli or crossfire connector, that's to say very very stupid. Why not otherwise developing fully counterfeit o.s.?
Tadelis06
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by Tadelis06 »

I have same problem. Im using enttec open dmx, and pro mk2. Its working fine on one laptop. But on other 3 computers its the same flashing
Dblab
Just started using FS

Post by Dblab »

Try to unplug unused usb peripherals, because it seems after a short test all my problems were only caused by a simple wifi adapter (300mbps dongle) that when active, parasiting the entire bus through all the motherboard. :l
But in my memory, this same dongle works perfectly when pluged on a sandy brige atx... (now replaced by a pci-e adaptor on this setup).

-------- Post Update --------
New try and the issue still persists... It was a fake hope

Return to “FreeStyler Software”