These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sound to Lights Concerns

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
johnsvec@gmail.com
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Sound to Lights Concerns

Post by johnsvec@gmail.com »

I suppose I'm the only one experienceing this but...

...with Sound to Light, there is a significant "lag" in triggers and the triggers seem inconsistent and responding to something above the 82 Hz filter setting. Are there any tips available for how to get things to run a little more smoothly. I have a pretty nice, but older, Windows 7 Enterprise Dell Studio E7240 laptop, but I don't believe any of the USB ports on it are up to current "fast" USB standards (they are all 2.0),
Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2 x 2.1 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo)
Graphics adapterIntel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 4500MHD

It also has a eSATA/USB combo connector – "Connects to eSATA compatible storage devices, such as external hard disk drives or optical drives. Also, supports USB devices, such as a mouse, keyboard, printer, external drive, or MP3 player"

Any suggestions? (oh, I'm using the worlds cheapest LIXADA dongle. Could have something to do with it?
Moving the faders can lag just a bit which I assume is normal, and even worse when controlled from my midi controller. To be expected I guess)

Off subject...I am also wondering how I can use a " built-in fixture program" setting
in a sequence, and have it reset when the sequence is stopped.
For that matter, I'd like for it to "reset" to a Basic Scene whenever I STOP a sequence.
Currently, the fixture will just keep going after I've discontinued the sequence it was programmed within. Not much mention of this around the NET.

remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Sound to Lights Concerns

Post by remco_k »

Hi, Regarding S2L latency: I fixed a latency issue more than 2 years ago. Please check if you're using the most recent Sound 2 light application. It shows the version in the caption, newest version is 2.0.0.3
See: https://digiplay.nl/fs for downloads and more information regarding optimizing the beat triggering.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “FreeStyler Software”