These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

BCF2000

Questions regarding the Behringer BCF2000 controller.
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

BCF2000

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
Mattotone
Hi, iv just ordered the bcf 2000, to control freestyler.
i have also downloaded bheringer graphical editor and loaded the freestyler preset files.
Can some one with exsperiance of this devices, give me any tips of how best to configure freestyler?

im not two sure how the thing really works, (as i havnt received it yet, and just want to get prepared)
But what im planning to do if at all possible, is set a preset to controle my sub masters, a preset page for my par cans, and then another page for my scans, i.e fader for pans and tilts and the buttons for gobos etc.

is this possible?

kind regards Matt

Drew
Matt,

I'm very interested in the BCF2000 for my freestyler set up. I want to be able to assign faders to control chases etc. Assign a fader to be the gobo fader for my scans, another for colour, then gobo for another pair of scans etc. Is this possible?

I'd like to hear more about the benefits of the BCF2000

Many thanks

Drew

Mattotone
i havnt received it yet, but iv be playing with the config software
and looking at the the freestyler midi assignement.
there is an option under freestyler for pan tilt gobo and colour.
so i assume that its possible.

when my device turns up il create a small video of using the bcf2000 with free styler. it will be interesting to see the faders move on their own

regards matt

cirrus
Hi,
I'm also interested in your BCF 2000 experiences, because I'm playing with the thought to order one. Please tell us how it works, that would be great.
Thanks!
cirrus

Inverted reality
I use a BCF2000. I've set mine up quite differently from the freestyler defalt though. I'll also make a small video of it, it would be good to see how each person using a BCF2000 with Freestyler uses it!

Cirrus
Hi,
good idea to shoot a video! I'm really looking forward to see that!
Thanks!
c|rrus

DJ Tim
is it difficult to set up an BCF2000 in FS?

Chortyenz
Hello together
Can everybody explain me what in the Setup for the Midi Controller "Page" means?
I cant control the Note smaller then 65.
Can everybody help me there?
Sorry for my bad english. My german is better .

Inverted reality
Hello.
The 'Page' function alows you to assign more than one function to each fader/button etc. So a simple example: you might want to control 16 dimmers, but only have 8 faders. The solution would be to put channels 1 to 8 on page 1 - faders 1 to 8, and channels 9 to 16 on page 2 - faders 1 to 8. You can then assign two buttons to swap between pages.

I hope thats understandable!
Another example is how I currently have my BCF2000 set up. I use two pages, one called 'fixtures' and one called 'pallet'. I use the 8 faders and 16 buttons to select each fixture, black them out, and control each function such as pan, tilt, gobo, etc...on page 1. The I press the 'pallet' button and the functions of the controles change to controling set colour pattens, programs for movement and the speed of the programs.

Again, it might be quite hard to understand without seeing it, which is what I hope to simplify in my video.

Cirrus
Hi guys,
any news on the video? I'm really curious to see freestyler together with the BCF 2000.
Cheers
cirrus

Mattotone
sorry, guys iv had to cancel from "Dolphin music" as i needed my ordr and theywouldnt ship until it came into to stock, and they had no ETA even after i had orderd like two months ago.
will reorder after the new year.

regards Matt

Mattotone
It should be here tomorrow yey, so i can start playing and hopefully create a tutorial of how i managed to get it working and a video of them moving faders, and how they interact with freestyler.

DJ_TIM
nice
I also have the BCF-2000 for my lights, but it isn't easy to setup the controller for all functions of freestyler..
Waiting for the video..
grtz

Mattotone
well been playing with it for an hour, and got some good functionality out of it, iv had a few problems with freestyler though, missing a few options in the midi setup, or things that may need tweeking to work with the bcf2000 better.

however im having to send the bcf2000 back as its covered it scratches and i paid for a new one lol.

but it seems to be working really well, im not sure how to use the midi to dmx function yet, and freestyler doesn't send feedback to the desk for all functions. I.E when running a gobo scene the faders dont move, but if you select a gobo they do.
i suppose if it did it that way the motors would burn out quickly but would of been nice to watch.

keep u updated matt

lj_raph
Please, if you find problems or if you have suggestions let me know so we all can make FS better !

Best regards

DJ Support
using this link HERE http://www.djmalc.com/fsbugreporting

Mattotone
Iv left my requests on the ideas/comments thread, but i will also email them to you....Using ck26 email form.

kind regards Matt

DJ Support
although posting in comments forum is good raph now finds it harder to keep on top of looking at the forum as hes busy with the constant development of freestyler! so send aswell as lol just so he gets the message!

just like you did matt!

DJmattD
WHAT IS BCF2000???

DJMATTD@HOTMAIL.COM

DJ_TIM
don't gonna send you a mail.. ;) use google..
grtz

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: BCF2000

Post by Shannon D »

mmax wrote:
There is no video on YouTube or anywhere showing the use of BCF with FS. Maybe i will create one soon...
This will come AFTER the Beamer Laser video that was mentioned in another thread, huh? :D
Onge

Post by Onge »

Shannon D wrote:
mmax wrote:
There is no video on YouTube or anywhere showing the use of BCF with FS. Maybe i will create one soon...
This will come AFTER the Beamer Laser video that was mentioned in another thread, huh? :D
lol, for that one :D
dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Post by dmxlighting »

Shannon D wrote:
mmax wrote:
And they say Americans dont get sarcasum! Nice one Shannon! :lol:
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert

Return to “BCF2000”