These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX to Artnet

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

DMX to Artnet

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
Jacobvb
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a way to send a DMX signal into the pc, and then convert it to an Artnet universe, because I want a combination between Freestyler (for intelli lights) and a normal conventional console (for conventional lights).

My idea:
One pc runs Freestyler (that outputs e.g. artnet universe 0) and the 'unknown' program (that outputs e.g. artnet universe 1). I installed "Luminex Wygalizer" to convert artnet to the WYSIWYG visualiser, and so I can visualise my whole show AND use an external conventional console.

Visualising Freestyler is already OK , now I'm looking for a 'conventional' solution :-)

I have an Enttec Open USB module and I've read something about Hippy's SoftNode, however I think this is just a artnet to DMX convertor (the opposite of what I am looking for) ... or maybe I didn't configure it well?
The newest version of Softnode seems to be capable of converting DMX to Artnet, but it only works with the Enttec PRO device

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Greetings,
Jacob

Randoservice
i think you have 2 chance or buy an enttec pro and recycle your dmx consolle (easy way) or buy an bfc behinger and try to configurate it.
Regards
Giannantonio

Jacobvb
thx for the answer, I already have a behringer but half of the time it's connected in my homestudio to control my music software so i'll have to disconnect it everytime I want to test sth with the lights ...

(+ my external DMX console has 24 inputs + programmable sequences, behringer can't give me that :-))

I'll try with the enttec pro ... and keep you informed offcourse

Return to “DMX Interfaces”