These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

What is the difference between the Enttec Open DMX USB & DMX

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

What is the difference between the Enttec Open DMX USB & DMX

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
cjc1706
Hey,

Just wanting to know what is the difference between the Enttec Open DMX USB & DMX USB Pro ?

All im wanting to do is control 3 scanners & 3 spinmasters & 1 Icolour4 by using freestyler?

Which unit would i be best off buying ?

Cheers

CJ

DJ Support
if u have a good computer the open if u e
have loads and loads of lights the pro and a slow computer!

check the differences on http://www.enttec.com

cherio

c2k6

Cjc1706
Right...

Well im not sure what all the technical side of things are about as im new to all this lighting stuff.

The only thing that worries me is that the open DMX uses the computer to generate the dmx signals (am i right ? ) Would this have any impact on how good the lights performed / responded ? Im running it on a pretty decent computer

Also would using the Open DMX restrict me from doing things that the DMX Pro would let me do ?

Cheers

CJ

DJ Support
no it wouldnt restrict you apart from the ammount of lights and things going on on ur computer if ur computer slows down for any reason then so will the open but with the pro its a constant output yes you are right the pc makes the signals for the open whereas the pro generates the signal and 'is' constant i would be confident running the open in a nightclub enviroment but for that extra security i would buy the pro as its not that much extra!

randoservice
whit the pro you can use the dmx in also.
By
Giannantonio

Mattotone
The Open dmx also alows the use of DMX in with a gender changer, unlike the pro which has a male input socket.

However both the open and pro only allow either input or output and not both at the same time.

Im also not too sure if freestyler accpets input from either of the entec devices.

Regards Matt

Matt
i know that the IN can be used with ArKaos.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”