These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

PROBLEMS WITH ENTTEC DMX - freestyler and eurolite TS 5

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

PROBLEMS WITH ENTTEC DMX - freestyler and eurolite TS 5

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
ILservice
HI
I have a problem using enttec DMX with freestyler and EUROLITE TS-5
It is because I found that the really channels used are 6, 1 and 2 for pan and tilt,
3 for color, 5 for gobo and 6 for dimmer. There is a hole, the 4 channel. Is it used?
I have a question: is it normal this channel set? all two fixtures have the same problem.
But the most important problem is that the gobo channel doesn't work normal. When I choose a Gobo, after some seconds
it turn close or change to another with a small movement of tilt mirror, and then quickly it returns in position.
When I choose also a color, during this problem the color wheel go in rainbow and return quickly as the gobo.
I noted also that the 4 channel doesn't do nothing particular, but when I change the value, the problems are more intens, or involve different gobos.
I set all in the interface on scanner as "N" (f1-f8) and set the address as 001, but I tried also with other addresses
like 20, 40....and the problem isn't resolved.

Do anyone had the same problem with that or other scanner?
thanks

thanks a lot

Jaykie
According to the manual it should be 5 channels, with 4 being gobowheel and 5 being dimmer...

HPaudio
I have the same problem with the same interface. The TS-5 got 5 Channels. I had phoned with Steinigke Germany, and sent Mail to the Enttec Support. The Bug is on the Site of the Scanner. Its DMX-Converter inside does not really could "read" DMX in the tolerances as it is described. Eurolite has no bug-fix for this.
Why i am buying DMX scans, when they couldnt read real DMX?

Only help would be a driver for the interface, which makes the DMX-Output slower. Enttec dont have something like that, they say, that the software i will use must include the driver. Unfortunately, i didnt found a software which makes the interface "slower" till now. The Bug is in Freestyler as also in Chamsys MagicQ.
Help needed...

Sorry for my bad english - Im from Germany.

DJ Support
have u reported this using the bug reporting facility? if not please do hpaudio

Leonidas
hmmm It seams that we all have exact problem. I have a TS 3 but i use TS 5 fixture and it works in several reasons well the colors are diferen but I manage to remember the real colors and yes It have a self refresh I call it every 20-30 sec it yust pan tilt it's selfs and get to the real pozition

Can you help me with fixture tc5 and ts3??? I don't have it i nead it

LJ Phoenix
Hey,
I have the same problem with the Velleman interface.
Fucked up a small student party last night cause couldn't get their damn scanners (TS-5) to work with my interface.

I used them 3 weeks before with a Daslight interface and it worked quite well. Didn't expect to run in that much troubles

I'll send a bug report...

Jul.

LJ Phoenix
Checked with the latest version of Freestyler and it still doesn't work.

I pushed a bit the investigation, it seems that the problem appears also with a small 6 channels controller (STAIRVILLE DDC-6 DMX CONTROLLER).

I bought these ones from Thomann and in the past month they haven't been able to provide me with any information regarding the issue.
However, they seem to be ready to get the scanners back and refund my money.

On the other end, Eurolite has been remaining silent...

I would be glad to get more feedback from users in order to know if it is a problem with the Enttec/Velleman interface or if it is definitely a problem from the scanners.

Jul.
julien.fourgeaud At -NONOSPAM-tut.fi

Return to “DMX Interfaces”