These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Velleman VM116 Usb Controlled Dmx Interface

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
bburton166
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Velleman VM116 Usb Controlled Dmx Interface

Post by bburton166 »

Brand new to DMX lighting and control. I have a Velleman VM116 Usb Controlled Dmx Interface and am trying to control 6 Chauvet Colorbars and 1 Chauvet Colorbar Mini. I am having several issues in getting my setup operational. I am running Window 8.1 and need help addressing the 7 Chauvet Colorbars correctly along with setting up Freestyler to operate with the Velleman VM116 Usb Controlled Dmx Interface. Any assistance would be great.

Thank you,
Brett

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Re: Velleman VM116 Usb Controlled Dmx Interface

Post by Spirit »

with what do you need assistance?
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
bburton166
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by bburton166 »

I have located the fixtures however the fixtures do not function. How do I address the fixtures in freestyler.com?
spud1511
FS is my life
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by spud1511 »

How do you mean located? Do you mean right click - locate on the freestyler fixture icon?

You can look at the 'freestyler' - 'add/remove fixtures' screen and the starting address (first 3 digit number) will be the address to set your fixture to, it even shows dip switch settings for older lights with dip switches. You can see here how many channels your light is using, and also make sure the actual light is set to the mode for the right number of channels.
Example 2nd light on list shows 2:008-014 would be freestyler fixture 2, start address 008 (enter this into light as its dmx address), finishes on channel 014 (so it's a 7 channel fixture - make sure light is in 7 channel mode if it has option of different modes).

Also, don't forget when you power up, your default master intensity will be zero, selecting all the lights you wish to run and raising this value (slider under the 'lamp' menu) will control its brightness.

Return to “DMX Interfaces”