These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

more capacities...

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

more capacities...

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
Technight
Hi everybody,

I love freestyler,for me, it's the more easiest light software and one of the best too. But one thing disappoint me: why limit cues to 20 sequences? why limit submasters to 20? Why limit programmable buttons to 30? Why limit timecode to 20? Why limit all the shortcuts: (20 sequences, only 10 groups!! etc...)
Freestyler would be so much better without this limit, why not to multiply this?.. and the capacities of the soft will not have limits. For me it would be the best improvment of this software, it will be fantastic because for the moment i'm always limited due to too weak limits.

Please answer me to explain this choice to restrict the possibilities of the soft.

Thank you ;-)

Xell
Hey!

Your Idea is great. The best solution would be user defined amount of cues, buttóns and submasters. Submaster page with five sliders is alsou not enough. I think the best would be option in freestyler setup menu where you can define amount of cues, button and submasters.

Xell

Technight
Yes, it is exactly that i would like to have in freestyler. i'm not a programmer but i think it not too difficult to do, no?
Is Raph or an administrator can answer this topic?
Thx

lj_raph
Hi All

This was a choice made in the beginning of FS due to the systems used in those days (PI,PII with not much memory). Currently I don't have the time to add all these requests but maybe in the future.

Best regards

Technight
i promise to give you another donation when you will ad these requests because i await this impatiently

DJ Support
making donations does not make you applicable for any special privaleges! please dont hassle raph, donations are to keep the project running and to administer the costs in makin the program availible to all of us! not to make special features for a select few! give raph time and he will improve as he has the chance too.
Thanks
Adam (DJ Support)

Technight
apparently you didn't understand my message, i never hassled raph, i think he make a super work and i thank him for this software.

Moreover, my idea is not only for me, i don't want a special privilege, many people are agree with me, add more capacities on existing possibilities in the software would be an excellent thing and don't require a long time of programmation as an addition of new possibilities ( but maybe i make a mistake, i'm not prgrammer).
If we reflect, maybe 80% of users are using cues and programmable buttons, and maybe only 20% of this users are using dmx400 in the software, so in my opinion, more users are waiting for more capacities in the cues and the programmable buttons than dmx400. It is my opinion and the opinion of french friends who use freestyler, but maybe we make an error and our idea is not representative of the general opinion.
For the donation, i know how it works, i ever made donation a long time ago when i discovered freestyler, simply to thanks raph for the software, now, if i make anothers donations, it is when i think the upgrade deserve a new donation, because unfortunately, i have not enough money to make donation for each upgrade, so i wait an upgrade that i really appreciate.
To conclude, i don't want raph apply my ideas immediatly, it is normal he take time because he realise a free software and it is a chance for a lot of people and for me of course. i just would like my idea is taken into consideration for the future and i appreciated the answer of Raph.
Don't interprete my words anyhow. Afflicted if i were not understood.
Cordially

lj_raph
Hi all

Currently I have the override buttons configurable up to 90 in steps of 6, but at the moment only the first 30 buttons can be triggered by keyboard and midi.

The submasters will be kept on 20.

For the cue I'm looking for a good UI solution, any ideas are welcome.

Best regards

Mattotone
Heres a quick idea.

A quick explination of my idea.
All cues are in catogries, these are defined by folders so you create a folder such as scans, and then you save your cues for your scanners in that folder.
Create a new folder called colours and add your cues for colour changing in that folder.

each group can play only one cue unless multi select is pressed.
but as many groups can play together.

the fader next to the cue is the cues speed, and the bottom left text indicates the current scene in the cue and the current scene time.

right clicking a cue shows amenu to select sound to light etc, and right clicking a group applys the effect to all cues in the group.

The search feature allows you to search for cues and groups quickly.

The right sidebar is freestylers master speed, tap tempo and manual advance.

gtakarting
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Re: more capacities...

Post by gtakarting »

hi iam new to freestyler
just trying to learn and that window for the cues looks good iam srugling to understand how to get my gold scans to have different cues but run at the same time :)

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”