These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

uDMX driver timing parameters incorrect/overridden

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Polychrome
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

uDMX driver timing parameters incorrect/overridden

Post by Polychrome »

Hi-
i've been debugging a problem with a uDMX interface driving a Chauvet Motion Set under Freestyler in Windows 7 x64. Using the latest uDMX firmware V1.4 and uDMX driver Freestyler is sending DMX at maximum speed and the Chauvet controller is resetting itself rapidly. This becomes apparent when it is running a preset pattern making little progress before jumping back to the start of the pattern. I can use the driver parameter commands to increase the inter-byte time and running under QLC+ on the same platform the timing is relaxed and the Chauvet Motion Set pattern controller works correctly. If I close QLC+ and open Freestyler and make the same DMX channel value settings the symptoms return. Freestyler is set to use 256 DMX channels with a refresh time of 100mS, so there's no reason for Freestyler to be aggressively setting the inter-byte time to the minimum allowed value. Freestyler has no UI parameters to alter these interface settings. Are there any other places where these configuration parameters can be adjusted or is this just one of those unfortunate choices that can only be fixed in the source code?
... FWIW if the controller is used as a simple RGB dimmer, the symptom is rapid flickering/strobing rather than the pattern jumping to start. The chauvet motion set is based on one of the serial data pixel addressable protocols, so there's no real surprise that a simple dimmer setting doesn't lighten the controller workload substantially.
'

Return to “DMX Interfaces”