These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Selective intensity groups

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
kwelch007
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Selective intensity groups

Post by kwelch007 »

Maybe this can already be done, but I'm not seeing how.

I already have a MIDI controller that has fancy knobs and faders and all that stuff, one of which I use for "Master Intensity." Works fine.

However, I think it would be nice if I could assign a similar "Intensity Setting" for a group of lights. For example (for my application) I would like to be able to assign a midi knob to control the master intensity for only my front lighting (e.g., during slow parts of songs I would like to dim the fronts and when the song kicks in to the chorus, bring them up! All while allowing the back-lighting to do whatever it would normally do - I'm assuming that the back-lighting is running on a sequence(s) that has nothing to do with the front lighting.) Simultaneously, I would like to have the ability to dim my back-lighting separately, using MIDI control. This is a simple example.

In other words, I would like to be able to selectively dim fixtures using MIDI knobs/faders (assuming they have an intensity channel,) but allow other not-selected fixtures to remain un-affected.

I could see a similar feature being useful for much more than just intensity.

Thanks!
Kendell

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Selective intensity groups

Post by Spirit »

hi

you van do this by useing the Submasters.
the fixtures that are recorded to the Seq will be controlled by a Submaster intensitie slider.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

I cheat with this.

I have front White wash on Channel 1 and 2. I assign DMX Channel 1 and 2 to their own midi sliders, 1 and 2. Then that way I have independent control of those since they are the only fixtures that I might need to pull back that is different from the Cues. :)
kwelch007
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by kwelch007 »

Oh, I think I get what you're describing Spirit. I'll play with that. Thanks!

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”