These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Log in to Search the Forum for help!
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installation

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Post Reply
MBProductionz
Knows how to turn Lights ON
Posts: 5
Joined: February 12th, 2014, 10:14 pm
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: @dijayben

Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installation

Post by MBProductionz » May 22nd, 2014, 1:16 pm

Hey Guys,

Posted in a number of threads and not having any joy/response in getting any info to help.

So starting a new thread.... Sorry if this breaks rules.

Okay can't get Magic 3D Easy View to launch from Freestyler!

Currently installed;
latest beta version of Freestyler 3.5.6
Magic 3D Release 21/03/2014 version 14.321.0.414

So installed many different ways as suggested in numerous threads.

1. Installed Freestyler with Magic 3D Checked - No Joy.
2. Installed Magic 3D Latest install (above) over the top and copied .exe and extracted MEPV.zip to Freestyler DIR with replace existing files - No Joy.
3. Copied additional .dll files and edited _global.ini (removing LANGAUGE line) as posted in another thread - No Joy.
4. Unistalled Everything, Installed Freestyler only, then re-installed freestyler (but only Magic 3D) - No Joy.
5. Unistalled Everything again, Installed Freestyler only. Installed Magic 3D (from Nicoli site) only - No Joy.
6. Copied .exe and extracted .zip - No Joy
7. Re-did step 3, - No Joy....

Freestyler Log: 22/05/2014 12:51:46 Object variable or With block variable not set; Easy3d; stop; Line 50

Some other user mentioned this error, but there was no resolve posted on the thread.
So there was an offer on another thread from a users to do some remote assistance! Would this users still be willing to help? Think User was Nathan (but could be wrong)

Anyone else got other ideas?

Laptop Build:
Windows 7 Ultimate
12Gb Ram
i7 Processor (Quad Core 64 Bit)

Antivirus - AVG(Disabled)



Nathanrs93
Moderator
Posts: 915
Joined: September 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Nathanrs93 » May 23rd, 2014, 10:43 am

Hey did you have a look at this? I've not had chance to do it myself yet, but I hear it works as I'm having a problem like most people getting 3d view to load. Try and see what happens and then reply back here with the results :)

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=4334

tfcw2000
Knows how to turn Lights ON
Posts: 4
Joined: March 3rd, 2014, 5:49 pm
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by tfcw2000 » May 23rd, 2014, 10:38 pm

Add a fixture in FS. A simple RGB par for example.
Then change a color or toggle lamp.
Close FS, reopen FS and try the Easy3D button.

This worked for me....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6Pro met Tapatalk

Nathanrs93
Moderator
Posts: 915
Joined: September 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Nathanrs93 » May 24th, 2014, 2:17 pm

tfcw2000 wrote:Add a fixture in FS. A simple RGB par for example.
Then change a color or toggle lamp.
Close FS, reopen FS and try the Easy3D button.

This worked for me....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6Pro met Tapatalk
I'll try this as I've tried the other method but it didn't work.

Hilox
Knows how to turn Lights ON
Posts: 2
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 9:22 am
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Hilox » June 4th, 2014, 10:05 am

:oops: If i may hijack this thread, i also have problems with 3D viewer as the Freestyler universe option is not shown in the windows patch. I´ve tried a lot of ways to fix this from differrent topics here but no luck at all, freestyler univers choise is not there. Tryied with both BETA and latest stable.

I´m running on a 2core laptop with an uDMX dongle but i´ve also tried with setting Freestyler "virtual device".

Any thaughts?

Thanks

Nathanrs93
Moderator
Posts: 915
Joined: September 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Nathanrs93 » June 4th, 2014, 1:04 pm

I've got mine working with the latest stable version but forgot what I did :lol: I was going to test the method with the BETA version and see if it worked. I'll post some results in the next few days.

Hilox
Knows how to turn Lights ON
Posts: 2
Joined: June 3rd, 2014, 9:22 am
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Hilox » June 4th, 2014, 2:49 pm

Nathanrs93 wrote:I've got mine working with the latest stable version but forgot what I did :lol: I was going to test the method with the BETA version and see if it worked. I'll post some results in the next few days.
Looking forward to that, thanks :)
Otherwise it´s getting pretty noisy to fix some cues with 9 moving heads and 3 lasers in a small garage. I´m starting to feel the panic for a show next week :)

k__x
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
Posts: 40
Joined: October 30th, 2010, 4:56 pm
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by k__x » July 7th, 2014, 10:42 pm

I get it working!
:fs:

1º i remove the magic 3D and the drivers at add/remove programs from windows
2º i install the last version of freestyler 3.5.7 and checked the sunlite magic 3D instalation!
3º i opened the freestyler, select the "virtual interface" and restart the freetyler
4º opened the 3D button (nothing apears) , then i opened the magic 3D in windows shortcut, it shows me only the artnet option...
5º i close the magic 3d and tryed to open again in freestyler 3D icon button, it opened the 3D but dont recognise the freestyler...
6º i closed every programs, go to C:/freestyler and extract the MEVP.zip in the same folder...it ask me if i want to replace, i said yes.....
7º open the freestyler, click in 3D icon, and it opened the magic 3D and showed me the freestyler option at startup!

perfect!!!!!!

Nathanrs93
Moderator
Posts: 915
Joined: September 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Nathanrs93 » July 8th, 2014, 12:07 pm

k__x wrote:I get it working!
:fs:

1º i remove the magic 3D and the drivers at add/remove programs from windows
2º i install the last version of freestyler 3.5.7 and checked the sunlite magic 3D instalation!
3º i opened the freestyler, select the "virtual interface" and restart the freetyler
4º opened the 3D button (nothing apears) , then i opened the magic 3D in windows shortcut, it shows me only the artnet option...
5º i close the magic 3d and tryed to open again in freestyler 3D icon button, it opened the 3D but dont recognise the freestyler...
6º i closed every programs, go to C:/freestyler and extract the MEVP.zip in the same folder...it ask me if i want to replace, i said yes.....
7º open the freestyler, click in 3D icon, and it opened the magic 3D and showed me the freestyler option at startup!

perfect!!!!!!
That was how it was done before so it must be fixed to some degree. :)

bckeeping
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
Posts: 94
Joined: May 19th, 2008, 11:59 am
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by bckeeping » August 21st, 2014, 9:52 pm

Arggghh I still cannot get this to load and it's driving me nuts.
Using freestyler 3.5.7 and following these instructions, but to no joy.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

B,

Nathanrs93
Moderator
Posts: 915
Joined: September 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Nathanrs93 » August 21st, 2014, 11:14 pm

bckeeping wrote:Arggghh I still cannot get this to load and it's driving me nuts.
Using freestyler 3.5.7 and following these instructions, but to no joy.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

B,
What OS you running? Did you copy the MEVP file correctly?

spud1511
FS is my life
Posts: 253
Joined: April 9th, 2012, 10:27 pm
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Location: London
Contact:

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by spud1511 » August 22nd, 2014, 6:08 pm

Ok, here is a recent discussion on this,

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=5997&start=10

if you uninstall and start over making sure easyview is installed with the freestyler installation you should just need to extract mevp.dll from c:\freestyler\mevp.zip and use it to replace the old out of date mevp.dll file in the c:\freestyler folder.
And thank the user chriske for simplifying this to just a single file to replace.

Nathanrs93
Moderator
Posts: 915
Joined: September 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Nathanrs93 » August 24th, 2014, 1:56 pm

What he said ^^^

eduardo
Knows how to turn Lights ON
Posts: 5
Joined: September 1st, 2014, 5:53 pm
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: no

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by eduardo » September 8th, 2014, 10:19 pm

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Retirement

Post by bckeeping »Thu August 21 2014 21:52
Arggghh still can not get this to load and it's driving me crazy.
3.5.7 Using freestyler and following these instructions, but no joy.
Has anyone had any luck with this?
***************************************************************************************************************

hello bckeeping »
what they say and freestyler installing in the same folder to install magic 3d, fine.
dll to change it, ok.

3d magic figure for the freestyler linked open
setup and choose the option "virtual interface" so you can work in simple mode with 3D and this magic figure with a green light down the right side of the screen link.

Now at first I was not.
install directx10
down the last video drivers dxdiag pc and enable the "3D mode" and "textures", which is important for any 3d program to run, if you have enabled it, will not open 3d magic, in fact the pc will warn you.

in my case there was connecting me (until those famous copy dll), now my only problem is that when I try to view the programming dmx scan performed 8 freezes, I only see the light beams frozen in the air ....

someone recommended me .si graph is convenient in video thank you very much.
sorry am a foreigner and do not write English translator use ...

Nathanrs93
Moderator
Posts: 915
Joined: September 18th, 2012, 9:32 pm
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!
Location: Chesterfield, UK

Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Installat

Post by Nathanrs93 » September 10th, 2014, 9:06 pm

eduardo wrote:Re: Help - Freestyler 3.5.6 and Magic 3D Easy View Retirement

Post by bckeeping »Thu August 21 2014 21:52
Arggghh still can not get this to load and it's driving me crazy.
3.5.7 Using freestyler and following these instructions, but no joy.
Has anyone had any luck with this?
***************************************************************************************************************

hello bckeeping »
what they say and freestyler installing in the same folder to install magic 3d, fine.
dll to change it, ok.

3d magic figure for the freestyler linked open
setup and choose the option "virtual interface" so you can work in simple mode with 3D and this magic figure with a green light down the right side of the screen link.

Now at first I was not.
install directx10
down the last video drivers dxdiag pc and enable the "3D mode" and "textures", which is important for any 3d program to run, if you have enabled it, will not open 3d magic, in fact the pc will warn you.

in my case there was connecting me (until those famous copy dll), now my only problem is that when I try to view the programming dmx scan performed 8 freezes, I only see the light beams frozen in the air ....

someone recommended me .si graph is convenient in video thank you very much.
sorry am a foreigner and do not write English translator use ...
Hi
I was just wondering because it keeps freezing what sort of anti-virus software you have? It could be because you have a virus on your laptop/PC, but may I ask what specification your computer/laptop is?

Post Reply

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”