These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Midi control

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

Midi control

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
lj_raph
I'm currently adding Midi control, are there people who have ideas or remarks concerning Midi control? In the beginning it will trigger sequences,blackout and favorite.

Telemnstr
Wow! Sounds great!

Another thing you might think about is the MIDI controller units... they have a bunch of faders and produce MIDI expression controller data (1 thru 127). This might be useful for older style control of lights (not exactly my thing).

The MIDI capability sounds interesting, as that is what I'm using to drive my Lasers + VJ software with (and looks like my intellabeams soon too!).

Very very cool! A friend showed me your software so I'm just getting my feet wet.

Telemnstr
Your setting it up so that noteon can trigger a sequence right?

I haven't actually used your software yet, but it would be crazy
if you could allow overlaying... that is,

Sequence assigned to C#3 = 8 steps of movement + gobo changes

Effect assigned to C#4 = step color wheels at a certain tempo

That way someone could trigger the movement sequence, then "overlay" the effect sequence... Not sure if this is possible.

This would be more of a live performance idea. This way someone could setup keys to strobe or color cycle or gobo cycle in case something really crazy comes up in the music.

aprestin
would there be a way to sync the midi clock output to the step control? this would be similar to the 'sound to light' function.

i have a tap delay which outputs a midi clock signal, and it would be convenient to sync the lights with it.

Nolman
hello,
would it be possible for someone to write
a preset file for the behringer ddx3216 ?
grtz,
nolman

Mattotone
been recently playing with the bcf2000, and just thought of a few features to help integrate the device more with freesyler.
i know many people like to work with sub masters, so these improvements are more directed towards that.

select subgroup cues using the rotary controles I.E
rotary dial set between 1-20 (the number of cues in a subgroup) the note to assign to the subgroup control, and the velocity to select the cue within the subgroup.

The submaster toggle function only seems to start the subgroup, therefore a stop button would be a nice feature to add.
i would use the two buttons bellow the dial for start and stop.

i currently have the fader bellow the rotary dial assigned to the subgroup speed, it would be a nice feature to have another fader next to the intercity to show the speed.
Also when a change the speed of a cue, and play another cue in that submaster the speed resets to 100 which is okay, however it does not send a midi signal back to the desk so the fader still stays at the last speed, if i change the speed in the software the fader updates.

TapSync
Im not too sure if this is possible, il start with an example with what i mean, i have all my buttons set to toggle off and when i toggle the backout the button lights up when its on and if i switch off in software or on the bcf the light switches off.
i would like somthing like this for the tap sync so when the sync is orange the lights off but when its blue the lights on (((or maybe even flashes but this might be a bit resource intensive for having to send the ever changing midi commands but hey no harm in asking))).

Kind regards Matt

Blacklightblue
hows the BCF2000 run, I was wanting to check it out? Do the auto slider work well?

Mattotone
it works really well,of course it depends on how your wanting to use it.
The sliders react accordingly to the changes you make, they do not change thou when a cue is running (which may be a good thing so not to wear out the motors on fast scene changes)
i currently use the bcf to control the speed and intensity of the submasters.although i would like the speed channel when at zero to pause the sequence. i also have a second page setup for gobo selection, colour, dimming and cmy mixing i use a joystick for pan/tilt but the bcf could also be used.
The buttons react well with overrides /blackout etc and freestyler sends the correct commands to illuminate the buttons to indicate on off.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”