These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

MIDI Pages?

Questions regarding general external control forum.
lindsayward
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

MIDI Pages?

Post by lindsayward »

Hi folks.
I've got a BCF2000 and have been using the Shift button to get faders and buttons to do two different things... but I just realised that there are 5 "pages", which means each button/fader/encoder should be able to do 10 things, right? 5 pages, each with shift...

Is there a way to see the current MIDI page without being in the setup window editing MIDI options?
If I have my same faders controlling different things depending on the MIDI page, I would like to be able to see which page I'm on.
Also, is there a way to change MIDI pages without using a MIDI controller to do it? Like in a menu? I can do it with keyboard shortcuts (but not the number pad keys, it seems).

And how do you clear an individual keyboard shortcut?

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: MIDI Pages?

Post by Spirit »

NO you have 6 midi pages..

page 1 to 5 and shift..
if you use the BCF2000 there should be a LED that goes on and off.

Numpad seems to work ok for me. and you can do it on TUI2 but there are no other ways to switch between the Midi pages..only MIDI, Keyboard, TUI2

and you can clear a single keyboard key with BACKSPACE.
also nice to know. DONT USE the spacebar as a Keyboard key because it can do strange things..and you cant use the Backspace key..

WARNING!!! i have seen a user had some trouble with the Shift function on FS.
and i noticed last weekend that the Midi page feature doesnt work correct..
i will add a Bug report for this..
/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
lindsayward

Post by lindsayward »

Thanks spirit, I really appreciate your replies!

I think I was the user with problems with Shift - trying to find out if others had the same problems (faders not returning).

So shift is not per page, but is like another page only it's momentary - active while shift is held - while the other pages are set until you change them.

With BCF2000, I do get a light when I hold down shift, I believe, but would I get one for different pages? I'd need a button per page, so would the button light up if that page were active..?
(I'll test when I'm in front of it again.)

I think I'm going to have to look at getting a touchscreen...
lindsayward

Post by lindsayward »

I tested it last night with 2 buttons on the BCF2000 and they did light up when on that page. I had one for page 1 and one for page 2. Worked fine, except for the current bug with faders not returning to position. I hope they fix that soon!
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

its just ONE devolper with a Wife and kids and its not daly job..

so it can take some time... luky i'm a Beta tester :D (sorry this sound realy bad)

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “General Midi Controllers”