These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Search feature and warnings for setting external commands

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
lindsayward
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Search feature and warnings for setting external commands

Post by lindsayward »

This is my first feature request. I'm in the right place aren't I?

I have done a bit of setting up of the external controls for MIDI and keyboard shortcuts, and these things would make the process much easier:

1. A search feature. There are lots of commands, so if there was a field at the top I could start typing in and see only the commands that matched appear in the list, that would really speed up finding things.

2. A reverse search feature. I'd like to be able to find what command is set to a particular MIDI note.
(This could actually be done just by implementing the next idea, although not without side effect in some cases.)

2. A warning, that could be turned on or off, for when you're setting a command to an input that's already assigned. This would be annoying if it was always on, but if you don't want to automatically change other commands when you add new ones, it would be helpful to have a warning, e.g. "Note 28 is already assigned to Release All. Do you want to change it?"

Thanks.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”