These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Enttec Pro mk2 2 universes

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
Mcnic2013
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Enttec Pro mk2 2 universes

Post by Mcnic2013 »

Good morning, looking to purchase this interface but had a few questions! is it possible to run 2 universes using freestyler? How does this show up in the program? Is it a case of assigning upto 1024 channel(512 on each)? Or do you select universe 1 set that up then universe 2?

Anyone able to upload screenshots?

Many Thanks,

Dan

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Enttec Pro mk2 2 universes

Post by Spirit »

hi

first you need to be a Beta tester to get the 2 universe FS version.
as i'm a beta tester and have 2x Enttec pro you just need to Select 2 differnt Interfaces.
in my case interface 1 is Enttec pro on port1 and Interface 2 in Enttec pro on Port2.

but i do not know if the MKII will be shown as Two differnt ports or 1.
and i do not know if the devolper made something for the MKII if it only show 1 port.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

A bit curious.

Are you guys in the 512 channels limit.
Personally I have only been in the limt when I used a lot of LED RGB segments and that I moved to a PC no. 2.

/Jan
Mcnic2013
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Mcnic2013 »

Spirit wrote:hi

first you need to be a Beta tester to get the 2 universe FS version.
as i'm a beta tester and have 2x Enttec pro you just need to Select 2 differnt Interfaces.
in my case interface 1 is Enttec pro on port1 and Interface 2 in Enttec pro on Port2.

but i do not know if the MKII will be shown as Two differnt ports or 1.
and i do not know if the devolper made something for the MKII if it only show 1 port.

/spirit
Ah right thanks for the reply, any ideas when this will be out of beta? :)
Jan_K wrote:A bit curious.

Are you guys in the 512 channels limit.
Personally I have only been in the limt when I used a lot of LED RGB segments and that I moved to a PC no. 2.

/Jan
It's not that I've gone over the 512 limit far from it in one room, i just read somewhere that if you have too many devices on one universe that it doesn't work properly,

The reason I was asking is I'm just curious as to how it works, and also see if It can make the setup I have easier to use for the other staff members.

Cheers,

Dan
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

I think the problems you are refering to are to many fixtures on a line.

I use a splitter to avoid this.
I have a 1 to 8 splitter and this gives that I don't need to have everything on one single line and if I have problems on one line then it don't have any influence on the others.

There are more information on the wiki about this.
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/dmx_basics

/Jan
jpk
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ
Twitter: twitter.com/dmxking

Post by jpk »

We built a splitter into our ultraDMX Pro 2 universe unit, often 2 output cables per universe is all you'll need. When you use a splitter make sure it's an isolated splitter so there's additional protection between each DMX cable run. Maximum number of fixtures on a DMX line is about 30.
http://DMXking.com USB DMX and ArtNet interfaces.
zachzaba

Post by zachzaba »

Hey guys any word on the multi universe Freestyler? I'm not even close to filling my first but I have seen a few large bands (9 people +) that incorporate LED bars for each member (in addition to movers etc) and it just crossed my mind how I would conceivable do that if I ever got to that point.

I've used freestyler for about a year now and it's awesome!!
BillsGate
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 4.x
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by BillsGate »

A lot of DMX fixtures can be set up in different DMX modes. For example, I've got some RGBW washers which are programmable in 1, 2, 4, or 9 DMX channels. Setting fixtures to a mode with less channels requires somewhat more smart programming, but leaves more addresses for other fixtures.

On the other hand: Freestyler has a Ledtrix-plugin which is kinda similar to the Madrix-software. You can control RGB led panels and create your own videowall. However, since every pixel needs three channels (RGB), multiple universes can be usefull. :)

Return to “DMX Interfaces”