These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Which product

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
grunter375
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Which product

Post by grunter375 »

Hi guys new to the forum so forgive me if this is not in the correct section. I have setup quite a few rooms with DMX controllers and lights but I am looking for something more, I wish to add a 19" rack unit with recall buttons for scenes and music control as the end users of the lighting show will have no idea how to use a desk we have tried and it takes 6 months of us going out there and showing them what the have stuffed up or re program the console again as they have deleted the scenes/chases. Also wish for Mac software to program it with. There will be 4xRGB wash, rage, 2 x matrix 2 x lasers, 2 x gobos and a few water wave or fire waves not sure yet. So not a big array but just want it simple for the end user. And if possible a iPhone app to run the recall buttons, the room will have its own local wifi network as well if this helps.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Which product

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,

I don't know much lighting software that is made for mac and I don't think there is many that will be free and good. I wanted to ask why couldn't you use freestyler? It works well and would be perfect for what you are asking for and we can help for any fixtures with if you require them.

If you have any questions then don't be afraid to ask
Regards,
Nathan
grunter375

Post by grunter375 »

I was looking strongly to wards it. I have installed it on both my macs and it looks awesome and has a heap of fixtures in the library but they don't sell it here in Australia and no warranty etc as we are in the commercial A/V we need to offer awesome warranty eg turn around of 24 hrs. We may need to order two units and keep one for warranty. Can anyone send me a demo file so I can show the 3d to our sales guy
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,

What did you mean by a demo file? You mean a simple, short, setup for use?

Regards,
Nathan
Kings
Commited FS Forum helper
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Kings »

Freestyler is free software so trying to sell it could be problematic. Setting up show files (i.e. programming for various 'moods' or 'themes') is a different matter as it can take a while and bit of skill. FS has a few advantages over a traditional lighting desk. Firstly any shows you create can easily be saved and reinstalled without having to 'reprogram the whole desk'. You can also easily transfer a show from one computer to the next. You can set up a touch screen interface that launches on start up and customise the look of the buttons really easily (stills works well with a mouse if you don't have a touch screen). I use lightJockey all the time and I now know that for a small rig, I can do something very similar with FS. If your in WA let me know and I can organise a demo.
grunter375

Post by grunter375 »

Sorry that was Sweetlight Controller and software
grunter375

Post by grunter375 »

Kings wrote:Freestyler is free software so trying to sell it could be problematic. Setting up show files (i.e. programming for various 'moods' or 'themes') is a different matter as it can take a while and bit of skill. FS has a few advantages over a traditional lighting desk. Firstly any shows you create can easily be saved and reinstalled without having to 'reprogram the whole desk'. You can also easily transfer a show from one computer to the next. You can set up a touch screen interface that launches on start up and customise the look of the buttons really easily (stills works well with a mouse if you don't have a touch screen). I use lightJockey all the time and I now know that for a small rig, I can do something very similar with FS. If your in WA let me know and I can organise a demo.
Not selling the software the client will not need to access this they only will use recall buttons for scenes and chases.

We will have a few macs in the rack controlling music via a touch screen 15" what GUI would I use to run the recall of scenes ?
grunter375

Post by grunter375 »

Nathanrs93 wrote:Hey,

I don't know much lighting software that is made for mac and I don't think there is many that will be free and good. I wanted to ask why couldn't you use freestyler? It works well and would be perfect for what you are asking for and we can help for any fixtures with if you require them.

If you have any questions then don't be afraid to ask
Regards,
Nathan
Sweetlight has all of chevaut fixtures in the software and they have a rack mount recall unit with 16 recall buttons and ir extender with remote. And Mac software

http://www.sweetlight-controller.com/.

Let me know what you think the 3d render is great for presentations
grunter375

Post by grunter375 »

Sweetlight for Mac seems to look the same as freestyler I'm looking for some chevaut fixtures Qspot range can anyone help please ?

Return to “DMX Interfaces”