These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Looking for a quiet powerful haze machine

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
yanksrule0422
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 1
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Looking for a quiet powerful haze machine

Post by yanksrule0422 »

Hey Guys,

I recently bought the antari HZ-300 hazer and it's got great output, but it is just very loud. Any suggestions for a small, powerful, but most importantly quiet, haze machine that'll do the job and not crap out on me for a long time??

Thanks

Hambone
Band Member
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Looking for a quiet powerful haze machine

Post by Hambone »

LeMaitre Radiance Hazer for the win :) It's an expensive unit (around $1100USD), but it's very quiet (almost silent), rugged (and easy to repair if something goes wrong), and can fill an arena with no problem.

It's also extremely efficient with the juice. In most of the venues we play I have it set to run between 40-50% output, 100% fan, 15 seconds of haze every minute. We play 100+ shows a year and it runs non-stop for about 5 hours per show, so around 500-550 hours yearly. In that time, we go through about 3 liters (3/4 gallon) of juice and have only had to clean it once. You just can't beat that :) Like I said, the units are rugged - ours gets bumped around quite a bit with no ill effect - the only time we had a problem was when we had a power outage that sent a spike down our DMX line and took out 2 of our moving heads and the serial chip on the hazer. I was able to repair it by replacing the chip (pulled it out, popped in a new one, done).

I can't recommend the unit more highly - it's a professional-level hazer and can withstand the rigors of touring :)
-----
HP Pavilion dv7-1130us Laptop (Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on 2 GHz AMD Turion X2, 4Gb RAM, 250Gb HD, ATI Radeon HD3200 video) with an Enttec PRO interface
http://two-for-flinching.com

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”