These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

behringer EUROLIGHT LC2412

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

behringer EUROLIGHT LC2412

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hey,

i have a behringer eurolight lc2412 lighting desk that i've been meaning to use for a while. i've noticed that it is possible to use it with freestyler? i was wondering how i would connect it up so that i could be able to control the par cans via the behringer and the rest via freestyler? do i have to connect it via the input on the interface?

thanks

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta

Re: behringer EUROLIGHT LC2412

Post by Jan_K »

If I remember correct then the LC2412 only have the 5 pol midi connector.

This means that your PC need to a midi interface too.
I don't think this is standard on a PC today so you need to look for a external solution.
Some kind of MIDI to USB dongle.

/Jan
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Jan_K wrote:If I remember correct then the LC2412 only have the 5 pol midi connector.

This means that your PC need to a midi interface too.
I don't think this is standard on a PC today so you need to look for a external solution.
Some kind of MIDI to USB dongle.

/Jan
i thought it was a 5 pin dmx connection?
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

If you want to use the lc2412 as external control interface, meaning the faders control freestyler, then you have to use the midi interface and the midi interface is a small 5 pol connector.
Have a look on the usermanual for the lc.
I am not sure what type of note lc2412 sends via the midi but there nay also be a problem there but i think that can be solved with a program like midi-ox.

I am guessing that you only want to one DMX line to the rig and that all DMX communication goes via Freestyler.

/Jan
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Jan_K wrote:If you want to use the lc2412 as external control interface, meaning the faders control freestyler, then you have to use the midi interface and the midi interface is a small 5 pol connector.
Have a look on the usermanual for the lc.
I am not sure what type of note lc2412 sends via the midi but there nay also be a problem there but i think that can be solved with a program like midi-ox.

I am guessing that you only want to one DMX line to the rig and that all DMX communication goes via Freestyler.

/Jan
I've no experince with regards to midi-controllers or anything like that as of yet, as never really had the money to afford any. I would like to get the behringer BCF2000 and just have it controlling some par cans for simple flashes and house lighting effect, then have the rest controlled via freestyler. But also the par cans on the behringer is still controlled by freestyler as well for the things I've programmed to them, so basically the behringer is just like an additional override i can use when i need to.

I do really only want one dmx line as of yet, but as the lighting expands i'd look into splitters and other things as well.
Jan_K

Post by Jan_K »

I think there is only one way and that is to try.

You need a midi to USB interface to get the freestyler - LC2412 interconnection.

Please give a feedback if you try it out.

/Jan
pskdmx
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by pskdmx »

Hello everyone, I'm a new member of this great forum and use the software with open enttec and DMX 510 interface.
I own a EUROLIGHT LC2412 and would like input via midi / usb control freestayler, but when I try to set the program does not record midi notes although I think the LC2412 does not transmit midi notes. Can anyone help me do this? Thanks in advance

Return to “General Midi Controllers”