These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Optimising EV3D and FS for playback on PC

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Optimising EV3D and FS for playback on PC

Post by Uriahdemon »

Hi,

I have setup FS and EV which is working but very slow and clunky. I have brought down the rendering mode to normal and the resolution to medium.

I have this setup on another (older and less well equipped) PC and it is working OK. The particular PC I am trying to set up is much newer with greater CPU and RAM but it is still very clunky.

I am running Win 7.

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Optimising EV3D and FS for playback on PC

Post by Spirit »

hi

i also run EV on a Very good pc and still cant set everything on HIGH!

pc specs, AMD Ahtlon FX 6200 (6x3,2GHZ) with 8GB ram
ATI 6870X2 CrossFireX with 2x1 GB GDDR 5 SDRAM 256Bit
2x SSD RAID 0, READ = 600MB/s WRITE = 600MB/S.
1200W PSU
and watercooled CPU... 28 Degrees Idle 35 Degrees Stress...

i can play battlefield3 on ULTRA high Grahics but EV3d View not :(

i think you need 8x Nvidea tesla Card to run it on HIgh mode only it cost more then 10,000 Dollars..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Optimising EV3D and FS for playback on PC

Post by Uriahdemon »

Thanks Spirit,

I have an older less capable PC set up which works as good as I need it. I have duplicated the settings from this onto another higher spec PC but cant even get the same performance as the less capable PC.....??

Rgds Mac

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”