These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Fixed colors for LED chases

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Jaykie
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.01
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jaykie

Fixed colors for LED chases

Post by Jaykie »

This is from the old forum
Gravyman13
in the fixture creater I'd love to be able to have 1stfixed color change all the way up to 7 of them. Right now i only have the 2.

This way i can program each of my LED in with chases.

get what im saying? lol. If you dont i'll try to explain better

Mattotone
7 colour channels?
lol id like a fixture with seven colour channels.
Is your fixture like the chuvet leds with separate channel for RED GREEN BLUE RED GREEN BLUE and RED?
i can imagine programing these could be quite difficult, what you could do is create some common colours as macros in the fixture file.

Iv suggested the idea of a pallets, and pallet groups which is basically a macro defined in freestyler i.e for colour or a x/y position. so when programing you just select the pallete and freestyler gets the data from that instead of you having to program it in every time.
Pallete groups allow you to combine multiple palletes and set if a pallete is global (all fixtures assigned can use it) or specific for a certain fixture type (I.e pallete used if mac 2000, pallete used if mac 250)
Would be good if you decided to change a colour, you change the colours once in the group and every sequence that uses that pallete would also change to the new colour.
Maybe this would help you too?

kind regards

gravyman13
Yea.
I was having trouble puting the red, green, blue, red, green, blue, red. To different colors without having to go through every channel and change the value. What i did was i crated a new lighting fixture that used both the 2 fixed color options, and set each gobo and gobo rotation to each separtate channel. Now i just open up my color/gobo options, Save the values i want in a cue so that when i hit my 1-9 in the cue, they change to what color i want.

I'm using this program for a band and just need some chases that i can just hit in the cue window when they build tension and release. So far this program has been great! Thank you!

I dont really understand the macro thing...i'll try to re-read and set up some macro stuff, cause i be thats easier. lol

thanks man

Mattotone
Try this
http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... hp?f=5&t=9
kind regards

Gravyman13
I just tried the macro thing and thats the thing i was wanting!
Thank you so much for helping me out!

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”