These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Drivers for the Enttec Pro

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
tkodarkside321
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Drivers for the Enttec Pro

Post by tkodarkside321 »

What drivers have you guys had luck with for the enttec pro? I have been trying different drivers attempting to fix my issue with the enttec pro locking up. The driver that I originally installed when I got the adapter (earlier this year) worked for a while but now the enttec is locking up with 1 to 2 hours. I've been troubleshooting the locking up issue with a rep from enttec but we haven't had any luck. I updated the driver to the newest available (automatic download from windows update) and the enttec locks up in about 30 minutes.

I'm not in front of the console right now so I can't tell you which driver I'm using at the moment. I'm running windows 7.

I also so on another thread that someone suggested using a powered USB hub due to not enough power being supplied to the adapter. Has anyone had luck with this? Tomorrow I will be spending some more time troubleshooting trying to get things figured out. I will try unplugging all other USB devices and see where that gets me.

Thanks!!!

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Drivers for the Enttec Pro

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi tkodarkside321,

Is this the interface you have? If so then I have the same one and have no problems with it. I recemmond that you delete the drivers you have for it and download them from here:
Drivers

This being that you said you downloaded them from windows update.

Any problems just PM me or reply to this. :)

//Nathan
tkodarkside321

Post by tkodarkside321 »

The current driver I have installed is 2.8.26.0 by FTDI. I read somewhere on here that people have tried a powered USB hub for the enttec. I picked one up earlier and I have had the system running for a little while without issue. I'm going to let the system run overnight and check it in the morning to see if it has frozen up. If it has, I will try out another driver and see where that gets me.

I also ordered a dmx terminator. I remember reading a long time ago that it is good to have one at the end of the dmx chain and I realized that I had never gotten one. Hopefully it will be in by Tuesday and maybe that will help with some of the issues.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi tkodarkside321,

It's no problem at all and if you look up on internet you can make your own DMX terminator, it's more fun and gives you experience :) You can also make your own LED DMX tester, so that it tests the strength of the DMX signal. I believe there was something on the forum on how to make one, or I've seen it by searching google.

Good luck,
//Nathan
tkodarkside321

Post by tkodarkside321 »

Well, looks like I may never get this problem figured out. I've added a dmx terminator to the end of my dmx chain, added a powered usb hub, tried every driver I could find, and updated to the latest firmware (1.44). The only thing I haven't done is try a new dmx/usb adapter. I really don't know what else to do with this $200 adapter. It keeps freezing up for no reason. Freezes up sometimes after 30 minutes, other times it will go 6 hours with no issues..........
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Where did you get it from? Ebay?

If you didn't get it from the likes of ebay then take it back to the store and mention there's a fault so could you have your money back?

//Nathan
tkodarkside321

Post by tkodarkside321 »

We actually ordered from Enttec directly. On a good note, we had the service this morning and we restarted the system during several key points of the service where all the lights were completely off due to on-screen videos. We made it through the service without an issue.

A few days before today I reinstalled the driver that originally came on the cd (I believe it's a 2008 driver) and it has been running better than the other drivers. It actually hasn't locked up on me yet.

We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. Thanks for your ideas and input!!!
Nathanrs93

Post by Nathanrs93 »

your welcome. anytime. :)

//nathan

Return to “DMX Interfaces”