These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Disable offline mode

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
Pierreblc91
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Disable offline mode

Post by Pierreblc91 »

Hello,

I'm now using FreeStyler since a few years, and there is something I really miss : Disable the offline mode during sequence creation when a cue is active.

I search everywhere about this question, and I'm not the only one who would like this option in Freestyler.

what I suggest :

- When Offline mode is activated, when a cue is active, we can prepare new sequence without disturbing the ones which are running, and see them with MagicView (Like it is now). This option is important for me because create sequence have sometime to be hidden from the public.

- When Offline mode is disable, if a cue is active, we can override the active cue when creating a sequence, exactely like when we override it outside of the sequence creator. With that, we can create sequence for led bar during playing a sequence in moving head for exemple, and see what we do.

An other solution would be to able creating a sequence without offline mode during active cue only if the new sequence is not using the channels active in the cue.

By the way, about override, I still don't understand why, in transparent mode, if I play a cue for pan and tilt only (all others channels are in OFF), when I change the gobo for exemple, I have the blue triangle in the gobo channel ; I override nothing because it is not on the same channels... (same problem with different projectors, change value on led bar during a moving head sequence will be written as an override)

Two others remarks : (Maybe I have to write these in an other topic)

- Group intensity (like master intensity but for groups) would be great !

- Possibility to add a delay between the moving heads in the Bezier Shapes, and choose the center of the delay (like in fanning). For exemple, using 5 moving heads (in order, MH1 to MH5), a delay of 500ms and choose the center in the moving head 1 (center +100%)will do : MH1 : no delay ; MH2 : 500ms delay ; MH3 : 1s delay ; MH4 : 1.5s ; MH5 : 2s delay. An other example to see the interest of the center : a delay of 500ms and choose the center in the moving head 3 (center 0%, middle) will do : MH1 : 1s delay ; MH2 : 500ms delay ; MH3 : no delay ; MH4 : 500ms delay ; MH5 : 1s delay.

Thanks for everything ! And sorry for my bad english...

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Disable offline mode

Post by Spirit »

what I suggest :

- When Offline mode is activated, when a cue is active, we can prepare new sequence without disturbing the ones which are running, and see them with MagicView (Like it is now). This option is important for me because create sequence have sometime to be hidden from the public.

- When Offline mode is disable, if a cue is active, we can override the active cue when creating a sequence, exactely like when we override it outside of the sequence creator. With that, we can create sequence for led bar during playing a sequence in moving head for exemple, and see what we do.

An other solution would be to able creating a sequence without offline mode during active cue only if the new sequence is not using the channels active in the cue.
i see your point and i will suggest it to the devolper..
i also sometime like to see what i do if i move a MH..
By the way, about override, I still don't understand why, in transparent mode, if I play a cue for pan and tilt only (all others channels are in OFF), when I change the gobo for exemple, I have the blue triangle in the gobo channel ; I override nothing because it is not on the same channels... (same problem with different projectors, change value on led bar during a moving head sequence will be written as an override)
Hi this is normal also with profesional Lightdesk.
Because if you Playback a Sequence and you change a Value manualy it will ALLWAYS be marked as a Manuel override..
So like a Profesional lightdesk i would suggest to create a Sequence for Color/Gobo and all the other feature's. and play it back the normal way.
CUE - CUElist Buttons - Submasters - Override buttons.

the macro's are made to make a Quick correction if you forgot to create a Sequence and its made to Create sequences easyer...
- Group intensity (like master intensity but for groups) would be great !
This can be done with the Submasters
- Possibility to add a delay between the moving heads in the Bezier Shapes, and choose the center of the delay (like in fanning). For exemple, using 5 moving heads (in order, MH1 to MH5), a delay of 500ms and choose the center in the moving head 1 (center +100%)will do : MH1 : no delay ; MH2 : 500ms delay ; MH3 : 1s delay ; MH4 : 1.5s ; MH5 : 2s delay. An other example to see the interest of the center : a delay of 500ms and choose the center in the moving head 3 (center 0%, middle) will do : MH1 : 1s delay ; MH2 : 500ms delay ; MH3 : no delay ; MH4 : 500ms delay ; MH5 : 1s delay.
you can do this if you Rotate the Shape.

So MH1 = 0 Degrees MH2 = 90 Degrees Mh3 = 180 degrees Mh4 = 270 Degrees...

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

Hi,

I like the idea with regards to see what you are doing with programming moving heads. I did do a scene with them but it was only a random upbeat dance scene so i just placed them around the rooma anywhere, so it wasn't a problem. However, I've used them as spots in the past and it's meant I've had to spend hours programming to get them in the right place.

Be good and grateful to have it :)
Pierreblc91

Post by Pierreblc91 »

Hello,
Hi this is normal also with profesional Lightdesk.
I sometimes use Martin LJ and it is not the case in this software. You can for example open the shutter when a movement sequence is running, and there is no override. But with override buttons it is not really a problem, I actually use that.
you can do this if you Rotate the Shape.

So MH1 = 0 Degrees MH2 = 90 Degrees Mh3 = 180 degrees Mh4 = 270 Degrees...
It is not really what I wanted to say. I am talking about a temporal delay. For exemple, let's restart with the 5 moving heads (MH). Imagine a sequence where the MHs go up, and then go down, only tilt movement. Without delay, they all will do it in the same time. With a delay and the center at 100% (on MH1), it will do like a wave which go from 1 to 5 :
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄ ⠂⠄⠄⠄⠄ ⠁⠂⠄⠄⠄ ⠂⠁⠂⠄⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠂⠄ ⠄⠄⠂⠁⠂ ⠄⠄⠄⠂⠁ ⠄⠄⠄⠄⠂ ⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
DDDDD MDDDD HMDDD MHMDD DMHMD DDMHM DDDMH DDDDM DDDDD

(D for down, M for mid, H for high)

With a delay and the center at 0% (middle), it will do that :
⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄ ⠄⠄⠂⠄⠄ ⠄⠂⠁⠂⠄ ⠂⠁⠂⠁⠂ ⠁⠂⠄⠂⠁ ⠂⠄⠄⠄⠂ ⠄⠄⠄⠄⠄
DDDDD DDMDD DMHMD MHMHM HMDMH MDDDM DDDDD

Hope you see what I mean with my points or with the letters..
Of course, this movement is easy to do without delay but some are really difficult without this function.

The degrees changement is a very good idea for a symetrical movement like a square, thanks for that !
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

hi.

Yes i use the Avolight Pearl , Tiger, 2008, 2010, Expertmode. sometimes and it works the same if i Playback a Sequence from the "Playback faders" and i Manualy change a Channel then i need to press "Exit, Clear, Clear" and it back to normal again.
With freestyler you need to press "Release all"

and for the WAVE affect you need to look at the "FX" here you can make this type of effect.
FX can be found on the Create sequence Window.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Pierreblc91

Post by Pierreblc91 »

Hello,

About the Wave affect, ok I can do what I described by adding a chase in the FX (and just by 5 step manually), but it was just a simple example. But with more difficult movement it is not possible to do what I would like to do. I have a better example in a video I made with martin light jockey. As you can see, the moving heads on the bridge have the same movement but with a delay. I think you will see what I want to say.

Here is the link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYVkxURpm5k
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

hi

did you try the SINE/Cosine effect and then with distribute evenly enabled?
Pierreblc91

Post by Pierreblc91 »

Yes, but it is still not what I am talking about. For example, in the shap with a eight, a solution would be to place the yellow square (starting point) to different position, without changing the shape. Of course it is not the case because it is a starting point and a figure point in the same time.
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta

Post by Jan_K »

Hej Spirit.

Think I made a Feature request of a pulse function to FX once but I can't find it in BT.

But it may have been an offline discussion.

I just need to think about what the conlusion was.

/Jan
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta

Post by Jan_K »

I am back

I think the workaround was to select all wanted fixtures.
In FX:
Create a “Chase” on tilt channel with max min value and the no of fixtures that has to be at the same time.
Generate the sequence.
Then select the tilt fader in the “Rightside fader panel and change it from “snap” to “Fade” for the Tilt channel.
Finally use the “function add to all steps”.

/Jan

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”