These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Relative color faders

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
CaptainBetty
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band
Twitter: http://twitter.com/captainbetty

Relative color faders

Post by CaptainBetty »

I love freestyler and am finally getting the hang of it.

One feature I'd like to see implemented is relative sliders when choosing colors.

Often I find myself needed to set an RGB value but don't want it at 100% (as in the case on the Chauvet 4bars - in order to set each can's brightness you can only affect the color's strength). So I'd like to be able to set the color then holding down CTRL or whatever key, slide them up or down and the values change in proportion.

Right now, if you hold down the SHIFT KEY and drag the sliders, they all assume the same value as you go up or down (making white).

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Relative color faders

Post by Spirit »

Hi

Yes i see the point and i came up with a Virtual Dimmer for a Fixture with RGB.
I also allready ask the devolper but we need to wait and maby he will make it and maby not..

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

But would you like to Slide the brightness form each can apart or All the same brightness.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
CaptainBetty
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band
Twitter: http://twitter.com/captainbetty

Post by CaptainBetty »

for multi function fixtures, why not have a "grouping" option for each slider you can throw in a group or lock them together then when you slide them they all move in proportion.

Or maybe by default, Freestyler automatically groups the RGB channels together and when using SHIFT+DRAG moves them in proportion.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

you can also use the submasters to do this.

if you create a Sequence with RGB channels on SM1 and create a Dimmer sequence on SM2 you can set the brightness with the Submaster2 Intensitie slider.

/spirit

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”