These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Computer cant handle FS and EV... HELP!!!

Questions and discussions regarding the 3D Visualiser Software incorporated with FreeStyler. The software is provided by Sunlight.
Forum rules
Sunlight is the creater of Magic 3D Easy View we can try (the forum users) and help with any problems you have with the version provided with FreeStyler but remember this is a 3rd party program and not made by the FreeStyler Developer.
Uriahdemon
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Computer cant handle FS and EV... HELP!!!

Post by Uriahdemon »

Hi All,

So I am at the stage of having built a show in FS and EV. Unfortunately when I try and run it (even just locating the lights) on EV my PC slows to a snails pace :cry: . As soon as I manage to exit EV, everything is back up and running with no problems again. I guess my desktop PC is a bit old to do this on but very handy to be able to work on learning FS with EV when I am in my flat during the week as I work away. So I think I am resigned to having to get a laptop that can handle both FS and EV working together and I will connect that up to the twin monitors I have to make life easier.

The question I have is can anyone advise me on the specs of the laptop I should be looking at to run both FS and EV efficiently. I dont want to spend hundreds on some top gaming machine but just get what I need to allow EV to work as it should. I am guessing it comes down to RAM and graphics....??

Any advice would be very welcome and thanks.

Uriahdemon
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.5
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Computer cant handle FS and EV... HELP!!!

Post by Uriahdemon »

All fixed via another thread here.... thanks to Spirit again !!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4593&p=18854#p18854

Return to “Magic 3D Easy View”