These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

How to control head movement speed in 3D

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
neils
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User

How to control head movement speed in 3D

Post by neils »

I have setup 4 American DJ Spot 5R moving heads in both Freestyler and the 3D visualizer. On the 3D side, the fixture profile has the channel defined for speed movement (channel 10). On the FS side, the fixture file does not have the option to define the speed movement channel. I was hoping that by moving the channel slider around in FS (ch 10), I would be able to see the moving heads slow down or speed up in 3D. Is this not possible to do ?? My goal is to setup a Movement Speed SM, to go along with the movement pattern SM.

Thanks
Neil

neils

Re: How to control head movement speed in 3D

Post by neils »

To be more specific, I know that there is a speed control slider with the pan/tilt panel, and when I move that slider, I see the movement speed change in 3D. What confuses me is that Channel 10 is suppose to be for pan/tilt speed on the Spot 5R, but when I physically move the Channel 10 slider, the move speed does not change in 3D. I was hoping to record a couple of sequences using Channel 10 only, so that while a pattern is moving, I could change the movement speed from a SM, which essentially would change the Channel 10 value. But the heads to not respond to Channel 10 in 3D for movement speed, only the slider from the pan/tilt panel affects the speed, and I have no idea how I could extract the channel and value speed from that slider to shove into a SM.

Thanks
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

a Speed channel on a Fixture is mostly used by Simple lighting desk that does not have any speed controll from them self.

As freestyler send each Value to a Channel it can controll the speed without the Speed channel.
So i allways Set the Speed channel to "Fastest" so Freestyler can controll the speed with the speed slider from the cue or Tapsync.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
neils

Post by neils »

Ah I see, so I blow off the speed channel (in my case Ch 10). Once I select the moving pattern within a SM (recorded as a sequence to a movement cue and SM), once the pattern is enabled, then the sequence appears live in the cue list, and I can change the movement speed either with the slider next to the sequence in the cue, or from the pan / tilt window. Does that make sense ?? Much clearer now, thanks Spirit !!
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

if you create a Sequence with a pattern and add it to the Cue window you can change the speed with the Speed slider next to the PLAY/STOP button or use Tap sync.
and the Submasters uses the same speed slider.

you can not use the Speed slider from the Pan/tilt window durring Playback this is only made for Creating sequences.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
neils

Post by neils »

Just curious, how about the slider next to the SM for pattern, would that also control the speed ?? I am hoping that the SM slider is somehow tied to the sequence slider in the cue for movement. Seeing that I would primarily like to work with just the SM's, it would be nice to control the speed from there.

Thanks for your quick responses. Hoping you can answer my other post as well about the color changes not working in 3D.

Appreciate it Spirit !!
neils

Post by neils »

I think I just answered my own question, tried it in 3D, and looks like the SM slider for the movement cue will not control the speed (I was hoping it would). So looks like I will have to keep the cue panel open at all times, in case speed changes are necessary.

Thanks
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

no the Slider next to the subamster is used for Intensitie channels.
so you can set the brithness from a Parcan/Dimmer or ledpar with it.
i realy like the way it works a Seperate Submaster intensitie and a Speed slider.

as i also ask the Devolper if the intensitie slider isnt used for a intensitie Type of sequence if it can be a Speed slider but he still did not make it :(

but you "cant allways get what you whant". (uhmmm thats sound like song ;) )
lightman1990
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by lightman1990 »

I know this is an old thread but i'm curious if this is possible now as i also want to use the slider near de move submaster for speed controll.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”