These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

External MIDI control for dimming and joystick control

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Mikes Music Machine
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.8
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

External MIDI control for dimming and joystick control

Post by Mikes Music Machine »

Hi everyone,

I have been using freestyler for about a year and half now and we have been using freestyler now from simple things from dimmers, to scanning fixtures, and moving heads. We have been experimenting with decoders to drive analog dimmers. The times I have been using freestyler and joystick the pan/tilt only moves one value at a time no matter how far, or hard to use the joy stick on any axis. I can not figure out how to make it proportional. How does one do this?

The same goes with MIDI we have been able to work around the annoying "velocity" that seems to stop us from using midi pads because we have a Korg padKONTROL that will allow us to disable the velocity so that freestyler has been able to read the same value every time. I would like to know how to use MIDI for a dimmer because one my MIDI pads have pots on them and would to use it as a dimmer. I also have a FOCUS Command Point MIDI that was originally used for video editing and has a scroll pot, and a fader that we really want to use but I cannot figure out how to use it proportionality.

Thanks!

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: External MIDI control for dimming and joystick control

Post by Spirit »

hi

i dont know anything about the joystick.
but i do not a little bit about midi.
and the annoying "velocity" is the value so you can make it proportional.
if you look it as DMX it looks like this

DMX --> Midi
Universe --> Channel
Channel --> Note
Value --> Velocity
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/e ... _interface
here you see the same.

so you can try to Translate the Midi signals that comes from the Korg pad to Midi signals that freestyler understands.
you can use Bome's MT or Midi-ox to do so.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “General Midi Controllers”