These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Colorrail 7ch & 26ch

spdj20
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Colorrail 7ch & 26ch

Post by spdj20 »

Here are my fixtures for the Chauvet Colorrail. It's the same for both the IRC and non IRC versions.

7 ch mode gives you the ability to select full RGB color using the color pallete, and to control the dimmer and strobe.

All other functions are accomplished by using the 40 macros which are...

-color macros
-program chases 1-21
-sound mode

there are also macros for the speed of the color chases / sound sensitivity when using sound mode. This is accomplished by doing the following...

For auto program chases: Select Program 1-21 then select the speed 1-Max buttons to set desired speed
For sound mode: Select Sound Mode then select speed 1-Max buttons to set the sensitivity of the internal mic

The functionality of this fixture is roughly the equivalent of using a standard DMX controller or the optional IRC remote.

You may wish to change the values of the speed macros, which can be easily done by modifying the fixture in fixture creator

Now on to the 26ch mode...

At first I thought this was going to be hell to create but thanks to the RGB segments tab in fixture creator this is actually a breeze.

This mode will give you individual control of RGB on all 8 sections plus control of overall dimmer and strobe.

No macros needed as all you do is select the individual segments in the color pallete to correspond to the selected section.

Hope you enjoy them, and if I missed anything, please let me know. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spdj20
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Colorrail 7ch & 26ch

Post by spdj20 »

There is a small problem with the fixture. Once the macro buttons are pressed you can no longer control the RGB of the light without closing and re-opening the program. If anyone knows how to resolve this let me know.

I also made a very in depth video on the light and also demonstrated the 7ch and 26 modes in FreeStyler. You can see the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnhdSoI ... ature=plcp

The video is 54 min, so if you don't feel like sitting through the whole thing (I don't blame you)...Here is the timing breakdown, so you can jump to whatever section interests you...

start - intro
2:41 - back panel connections
3:45 - menu map
10:10 - auto programs
22:22 - sound mode demo
26:36 - DMX 7ch
29:23 - DMX 26ch
33:35 - FreeStyler Programming :fs:
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

ahhh yes i see your problem

because the Colors on the Macro's are not made with the RGBchannels but with the Colormacro channel.
and most of the time a Colormarco Channel will allways win from the RGBchannels.

so if you drag the Colormacro channel to Value "0" you can controll the RGB channel again.

also a other thing i see on the 7ch version. you have the Locate value all on 255, thats not realy a good locate value i would recommend to only set Dimmer and the RGB channels to 255.

and a good tip so programming a RGB sequence.
if you create a Sequence on the first step you need to Set FADE or SNAP on the RGB channels.
But because the COLORMARCO is also related to the Attribute COLORS you also need to set that channel to SNAP with a Value of "0" this way if you sellect a COLORMACRO it will play the COLORMACRO if you select a RGB sequence it will set the COLORMARCO back to "0" and it will playback the RGB channels.

hope this makes any sense.
/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej guys

I normally add a "Off" icon in the macro tab for each function to conrtoll.
[off], [Red], [Yellow] .......

http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... figuration

/Jan

Return to “Chauvet”