These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMXking's "ultraDMX micro" not recognized

Discuss everything regarding DMX interfaces in this forum.
jeremyryan
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

DMXking's "ultraDMX micro" not recognized

Post by jeremyryan »

Hello Freestylers!

I have searched tirelessly for a solution without success... I hope you guys can help. I purchased a DMXking "ultraDMX micro" USB to DMX dongle and FreeStyler is not recognizing it. I keep receiving the message "Error creating output thread" when attempting to setup the controller. I have attempted numerous suggestions found here in the FreeStyler Forum, but to no avail. Troubleshooting has included the typical recommendations, such as:
  • ~ removing & re-installing the FreeStyler program;
    ~ removing & re-installing drivers;
    ~ downloading updated drivers from DMXking, Enttec and FTDIchip;
    ~ selecting various "Controllers" in the setup menu
    ~ numerous re-boots;
    ~ un-plugging and re-plugging cables;
    ~ various DMX lights;
    ~ various DMX cables
DMXking claims that the "ultraDMX micro" is 100% compatible with Freestyler using the Enttec Pro option, but I cannot get it to work! I should mention that when running a test from within the stand-alone DMXking Configuration Utility that my light DOES respond! I just can't get Freestyler to recognize it. I'm discouraged by reading all of the other user's posts about how simple the set-up was with DMXking devices... ain't no "Plug & Play" here!! I've been troubleshooting for days... I hope someone can offer a solution, as I am eager to dig in to Freestyler. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Kind Regards!

Jeremy Ryan

Freestyler 3.4.6
DMXking "ultraDMX micro"
Windows 7 (64-bit), dedicated laptop for lighting.
Variety of DMX lights
jpk
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
Twitter: twitter.com/dmxking

Re: DMXking's "ultraDMX micro" not recognized

Post by jpk »

Email support@dmxking.com and we'll sort it out. We do check compatibility with FreeStyler with every product and firmware update so probably something relatively easy to fix.
http://DMXking.com USB DMX and ArtNet interfaces.
jeremyryan

Post by jeremyryan »

@ jpk... The info has been forwarded to support@dmxking.com. Let me know. Thank you!
Freestyler 3.4.6
DMXking "ultraDMX micro"
Variety of DMX lights
jeremyryan

SOLUTION: DMXking's "ultraDMX micro" not recognized

Post by jeremyryan »

Update: I am posting this follow-up, in case anyone else runs into the same dilemma.

DMXking recommended selecting the “DMXking USB DMX512-A” controller from within the Freestyler setup menu.

NOTE: When choosing the “DMXking USB DMX512-A” controller from within the Freestyler set-up, I received the same error message ("Error creating output thread")… However, upon exiting and re-starting Freestyler… IT WORKED!!! My devices are now communicating properly. I will let you know if anything changes. Custom light show, here I come!

Special thanks to jpk!
Freestyler 3.4.6
DMXking "ultraDMX micro"
Variety of DMX lights
awonder85
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4

Post by awonder85 »

Help I'm having a similar issue I have everything plugged but no matter what interface I choose non of them work.I have installed drivers and software and nothing is working with my Mirco im at the end of my rope right now.
jeremyryan

Post by jeremyryan »

Does the "UltraDMX Configuration" utility recognize your dongle? If not, try a different USB port (make sure the correct COM port is selected in Freestyler) If the utility does recognize the dongle, then you might check your cables & DMX addressing on your fixtures. Also, I've noticed that restarting my fixtures AFTER Freestyler is running will help open the communication. Good luck! Keep us posted.
Freestyler 3.4.6
DMXking "ultraDMX micro"
Variety of DMX lights
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

My suggestion is to get the eDMX units. I have not had a drama with mine since getting them. They're awesome.
richx
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.4

Post by richx »

I seem to be having the same issue.Light responds to controller board - but not with Freestyler. The config utility sends signals to the light - however each time I open it - I have to reset to Com 3.

Any help is appreciated.

I do NOT have a 'micro' selection in the adaptor list - nor one with an "A" suffix.

:cry:

Return to “DMX Interfaces”