These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Software developing

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
kevinpirola
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Software developing

Post by kevinpirola »

Hello everybody, I am italian, first time I write in this forum.

I am wondering if are there any source codes of freestyler avaible to the download, I want to build a particular program, using freestyler and enttec device that allows me to use both a pc, a dmx controller and an iPad (or any tablet not coming from the bitten apple) via wireless.

This project will be opensource and If it works I will share it with the community obviously for free.

Can anyone help me?

p.s. sorry for my bad english, I am Italian (as I said :D)

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Software developing

Post by dmxlighting »

Hi,

There is no open source code for FS but FS does use 'Send Message' system to allow outside control. Also FS does have built in wifi support for send message as well.

There are already apps for apple tablets and android tablets available which work very well.

If you want to use a real desk and fs the i'd recommend getting a DMX merge device to do that. However there are a few good midi controllers that you can use with FS which will give you the hands on approach I think you want.

FS already works with the enttec devices and many others.

I think if you look around more you will see that FS probably already does what you want to do.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
kevinpirola

Post by kevinpirola »

"There is no open source code for FS but FS does use 'Send Message' system to allow outside control."
Wondering what this mean, I work in OSX, this means that via terminal I can control FS?

I didn't know about any applet for android, can you tell me its name?

The applets you know works through a PC via wireless or directly to an interface?
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

yes you can operate FS via terminal. There is more info around on that but im not into programming so maybe someone like Remco can point you in the right direction (or maybe MMAX, the iphone / ipad app developer)
The app for Android is by mattotone and is i think free on the android market, just search for fresstyler.
Ive never used this as I dont have anything android based. Hardcore Apple man here!
I use the FS iphone app from time to time and its pretty good for testing etc.

Also there was / is a terminal app on itunes that would work well with FS using send message. Cant remember what its called but it was not a free app.

FS will support wireless automatically. I managed to set up an ad hoc wifi network using just my iphone and the wifi on my laptop with the fs itunes app. (no router required although this does make it a lot easier to do!)

Dig around on the forum and you will find all the answers you need im sure!

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
dmxlighting
FS is my life

Post by dmxlighting »

mmax wrote:FS has both Sendmessage and TCPIP external control capabilities. Check out 'Sendmessage and TCPIP.pdf' in your installation directory.

Hey Max

If there are to be any future updates on the iphone app, could you look at control for 'cuelistbuttons' please.

Merry Christmas

Cheers

Lee

kevinpirola

Post by kevinpirola »

Merry Christmas to all!

Thank you for your answers, i think I will read and try out the things you said just after christmas holiday :)

Thank you! Your advices are very precise and useful!

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”