These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chauvet COLORrail HELP! (fixtures included)

A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
Forum rules
A place for you to request fixture files to be created by other users - PLEASE BE WARNED THIS MAY NEVER HAPPEN AS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY YOURSELF AND WILL GIVE PROMPTS as and when we can. at the END OF THE DAY Creating fixtures isn't easy if we don't have that particular light and an appropriate manual! BE WARNED!

IF YOU HAVE HAD A REQUEST FULFILLED PLEASE MARK THE TOPIC AS SOLVED!

You can now pay for fixtures if you don't want to wait or create your own by going to here http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... on_service
zedtempo
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Chauvet COLORrail HELP! (fixtures included)

Post by zedtempo »

So, I am new to FS, and first things first...i need to be able to create/input fixtures for my ever growing assortment of lights....
I have just got some new fixtures one of them being Chauvet's COLORrail. This fixture has multiple channel settings ranging from 2 to 26, i have figured out the simplest by creating a 3 channel and 4 channel profiles (included in the attachment), but am completely lost with the multi-functioning channels.... is anyone using these lights?, i have had much success using my elation controller, but am looking to expand my show with FS!

i have read one thread where multiple lights are selected for programming a similar but less functioning unit and one controller light is selected per grouping, but all this is rather confusing...any guidance would be appreciated!

Love and Light
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Chauvet COLORrail HELP! (fixtures included)

Post by Shannon D »

Hi zedtempo,
Use the Macro tab in Fixture Creator to work out multi-function channels. So for the 7 channel setup of the Colorrail, you can list channel 5 as a gobo channel or color channel on the Fixture Config tab. Then on the Macro tab, create one macro for each multifunction with channel five being set to the middle of the channel value given on the DMX table. For example:
on the "Macros" tab:
macro #1 - would have channel 5 set to 4 (or 0 since its the first one). Leave all the other channels empty
macro #2 - would have channel 5 set to 12. Leave all the other channels empty
macro #3 - would have channel 5 set to 19. Leave all the other channels empty
and so on until you get to the last one which would be sound mode with channel 5 set to 255.

Take a look at the Chauvet Colorstrip fixture I created to get an idea if I confused you about the macros.

Label channel 6 as "Speed" on the channel description.
Set channel 7 as your strobe. off=0 low=25 med=125 high=255 (or you can change these numbers to something else that looks better for your taste after visually seeing the light in action).

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

SD
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Chauvet COLORrail HELP! (fixtures included)

Post by Spirit »

You can also use the RGB Segments.
if i'm correct and you mean this.
But look at this page and Go to the bottom of this page.
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/f ... figuration

You can also look at this Fixture as a Example:
http://www.freestylersupport.com/fsforu ... =86&t=3631

/Spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “FreeStyler Fixture Files - Fixture Requests”