These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Controlling Freestyler W/ Foot Controller?

Questions regarding general external control forum.
Trisant
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 2.8

Controlling Freestyler W/ Foot Controller?

Post by Trisant »

Hi all..

I have been using freestyler for quite some time.. I have some really nice scenes & shows set up.. I would like to be able to control my sequences/cues .. and other functions in freestyler via foot controller? I'm not sure how to get started... so before I go out and start buying stuff I figured i should ask around. trying to go about this the best efficient way..

Thank you in advance...

Shannon D
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Controlling Freestyler W/ Foot Controller?

Post by Shannon D »

I've used the Behringer FCB-1010 with FS. It was a lil tough at first programming the foot controller, because the manual is not that great at explaining. I was also a noob to midi so that didn't help either. Once I was able to send the correct midi notes, it worked like a charm. Lots of flexibility with it having 10 banks.
TimeFurnace
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by TimeFurnace »

I am a newbie at Freestyler but have found that my Boss GT-10B pedal board is proving useful for controlling FreeStyler with my feet. I bought the item to use with my bass but increasingly found myself using fewer and fewer of the custom effects. So I saved one preset the way I want to have the bass sound and use all of the pedals for controlling FreeStyler now. It took some work with MidiOx and such to convert the pedal board's midi commands into a form usable by FS but it seems to be working.
Parabolic
FreeStyler Version: 3.4

Post by Parabolic »

I have the same pedal and ran into the same issues with it - not using the sounds. So I ended up not using it all together. Id LOVE to be able to use it with FS!! Do you have any tips or a tutorial on how to set it up?
I have all my scenes and buttons set in FS, Id just like to be able to access them through the pedal.
Thanks!
Jeff
markdanson
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6

Post by markdanson »

I know this message is really old, but I thought this was as good a place as any to post: I just picked up an 'icon g board' usb midi 8-button foot controller, and it works pretty well with FS. Best part is that its ridiculously cheap (got mine for just over £40 in the UK)!

There's no 'hold' button functionality available that I can see (as in, you can't hold the buttons down, then get a 'note up' signal when you release it; the note up comes straight after the press), but if you get a bit creative, its still a good alternative option to the fc1010.

I'm using Bomes midi translator to do a bit more with it, and am managing to trigger

This isn't a shill post btw, I know i haven't posted any messages before but can't see anything about the controller anywhere else, and was pleasantly surprised by it, so thought it was worth a mention.

Return to “General Midi Controllers”